Chapter 8

It's been two weeks, but Idris hasn't received any news about his missing necklace, but the guards and his father are continuously going town to town to find any lead.

While him... he stopped for about a week now because he needs to do his duties as the lord of the manor aside from his duties handling some of his father's work too, it will serve as a training for the future.

He's becoming more and more busy than the usual because he and his father is preparing for the passing of the position, well, it is actually too early to do that since his father's still in his mid-40's so he doesn't why he need to inherit it early, but he didn't ask, the duke's decisions are always absolute. But at some point, he realized that if they have a young king who needs to be accompanied by a youngster like him, it will be easier for the king and for the duke.

And now, Lord Idris is busy scribbling a letter for the king that he needs to finish and pass before the day ends, he's sharing his plans to the king for the upcoming founding anniversary of the palace.

"There, guess this is enough for now." he whispered before folding the letter.

He sealed the envelope using wax and their household stamp before picking it up and storming out of his office. He needs to find James so he could hand it to the messenger, he wants to do it on his own, but he doesn't know how or where to contact the messenger besides James the one who is sorting out the letters.

"Where's James?" he asked when he saw a maid walking towards the receiving area.

"I saw him roaming around the garden earlier, my lord." she answered.

"Okay, thank you."

He lightly ran towards the door where the garden is located but stopped when he saw a familiar body built of a man. He was about to call the man's attention to ask where James is, but the man already turned to face him.

He faked a cough when they gazed at each other, he felt his ears burning when he saw the man's appearance.

He is questioning himself on how this man looks so manly. He's even manlier than any other nobles his age, and of course, he isn't an exception. He felt envious suddenly.

The man stood above six feet, tanned and muscular. Plus, his face was expressionless while staring at the lord, but it didn't change the fact that the man has an uncommon appearance... he is above others. His look is higher than a nobleman and definitely higher than a peasant's appearance. Dark thick brows, almond shaped eyes, light shade of gray eyes, a pointed nose and a perfect bow shape of lips that are pressed together.

"My lord!" a familiar voice called but only the unfamiliar man turned his head in the direction.

And Lord Idris freely stared at the man's side profile. The sight of the person's strong protruded jaw made the lord swallow.

I'm so jealous right now... And his envious thought didn't help at all, it worsened the jealousy he is feeling towards the charming man in front of him.

"My lord, do you need something?" James asked after tapping his young master's shoulder lightly.

"Oh, James, you are finally here." he said before glancing at the man who's currently looking at his hand.

And Idris remembered why he was in the garden searching for James, "Right, James, hand this to the messenger, for the king. This needs to be delivered before the bay ends." he stated in a commanding voice.

And to cope up with the jealousy and embarrassment he is feeling he asked the butler about the unfamiliar man.

"Oh! Well, this is Rufus, my lord. A newly hired worker four days ago, he focuses on maintaining the gardening."

That surprised him a little, he was too busy to know about the hiring the steward held days ago. He guesses there are a new set of workers in their manor too, now he won't be surprised anymore.

He extended his hand, "I am Idris Gastrell." he introduced.

But the man only stared at his hand for a couple of seconds and that act made him feel embarrassed, the steward noticed it too causing him to fake a cough covering the young lord's embarrassment.

"Uhm... both of his hands are dirty, so... anyway, do you need something else, my lord?" James asked his blushing young master.

Idris fakes a cough to collect himself, "Uh yes, ready my wagon tomorrow morning I'll go to the tailor." he said trying hard not to stutter.

"Tailor?"

"Yes, my trusted tailor. I'll go to his shop, middle caste."

The steward nodded. "Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you, I'll be going to my office now..." and then he turned around and walked, before he even reached the door, he stole a glance at the two again and caught the man still staring at him emotionlessly while being scolded by James. What... he isn't even paying attention?

Now he's wondering why James hired someone like him, who doesn't talk, respond in any way or what. Someone might misunderstand him and that's no good if he upsets an aristocrat. He'll be punished for sure.

Idris shook his head a little before continuing walking, What a weird guy.