Chapter 17

Idris was half running from the palace's hall, he barely survived from the girls who was asking him for a dance, he danced with some girls and that made him tired not only his feet but also his mind and mouth, because they keep on chatting with him, more like trying to get some rumors of any aristocrats from him, he doesn't want to be rude with anyone especially girls so he talked back but without ruining someone's image, he's opening a different topic whenever a girl is being persistent, there are some who wants to date him, pushing themselves on him but Idris isn't interested not even a bit. He is a busy man, after all. And young, no time for that for now.

He placed both of his hands on his knee as he caught his breath, that escape and run tire him so much, even though it is super cold inside the hall he's sweating bullets especially on his head and neck. He fanned himself using his right hand as he felt hotter inside the thick cloth.

Sometimes I wish I was born to be rude so I could turn down those girls easily... He thought, now he's starting to question his mom, why she raised him to be so good... at least for the eyes of the others.

He stood straight when he remembered his companion, he left Rufus' earlier when a lady asked him to dance! And now Rufus' missing cause he failed to follow the man because he was so focused on how to avoid chatting with the women while dancing.

He looked around trying his luck to find the tall man, but he failed, the banquet is full of people now!

He started to walk as he looked around all over the place, but he miserably failed. People kept on approaching him asking him, how the Gastrell men are doing and more, and he answered all of those, most people who talked to him are his father's friend and ally, he can't make a bad impression or else, it'll taint their relationship towards their families.

He gave up and walked towards the attendant who's standing on the corner, serving as a stand-by guard.

"Good evening." he greeted.

"My lord, what can I do for you?" the guard asked as he recognized the king's friend, Lord Idris.

"Well, as you can see, I don't have my companion with me, perhaps... Did you see him? I was dancing with the ladies so... I lost him."

"Is it the tall attendant who's wearing black with gold embroidery?"

Idris' eyes brightened with hope.

"Yes! Yes! It's him."

"I saw him at the balcony earlier, my lord. Just a few minutes before I go here on my post. He's with the Marquess from the South."

Idris' head wrinkled after hearing the guards answer, the attendant swallowed when he saw the lord's expression, scared to be scolded by the noble.

"Thank you." Lord Idris said plainly, gone the excited and happy expression.

The man sighed when the lord walked away, feeling relieved that the man didn't scold or humiliate him.

Even though the lord's a little sweaty and tired he still ran towards the staircase to the second floor of the palace, his knees were hurting already but he didn't stop running, step after step on the enormous stair.

He smiled at the older couple, nobles from the East as he ascended.

The people on these floors can be counted using your fingers, unlike the people in the main hall. It's way peaceful and colder. Idris sighed again after walking silently towards the dark balcony, he doesn't want to disturb them if they are having a conversation.

He gripped the thick red curtain and moved it so he could peek what's happening outside the balcony. The lord squinted his eyes trying to adjust it in the darkness of the balcony, and a few seconds after realization he covered his opened mouth and let go of the curtain from his grasp.

Because he saw something that's supposed to shouldn't be seen by anyone.

The marquess and Rufus are kissing!

He still remembers their look; The marquis' arms are encircled around Rufus' neck while they're kissing. He didn't see Rufus' face since the man's back was facing him.

But he can't be wrong, the hand movement of Rufus' like pushing the marquess off from him.

He tried to peek once again, checking if they're done doing the stuff.

And he saw how Rufus' pushed the marquess, but the smaller man's hand stayed on Rufus' chest, Rufus' moved and turned suddenly, his eyes widened a little as he saw his lord behind the glass door.

"My lord."