Chapter 39

Idris stayed at the banquet hall and some eyes of the guests who witnessed what happened in the corner never left his place, the king walked towards the oblivious lord when he saw that the attendant was not with the man, "I heard what happened, that's quite a commotion don't you think, my lord?" the king started and stirred his glass in a slow circular manner.

"I apologize, your majesty."

The king's brow twitched when he saw the lord's attendant walking towards their direction, "Oh, no worries it's fine... I want to introduce some of my people." he said then lowered his head to look at the young lord.

Idris saw how Rufus shifted on his stand when the man went to his side, after hearing the king's statement, "These are some of my trusted people," the king pointed, Idris turned to face them and saw the familiar men standing in front of him.

"I hope you still remember me, my lord. Duke Neil Brown of the North." the taller man said then extended his hand.

Idris nodded and shook the hand of the man.

"I am Marquess Benjamin from the Algia household."

"I'm Fernan Javis, a baron from the North." the bulkier man said with a smirk and offered his hand. Even though Idris was feeling uncomfortable with them around he still entertained and shook their hands.

"you're such a beauty, my lord." the marquess intervened.

"You're right, you really look stunning for a guy." the baron said while tightening his hand around his.

"Please let go, my lord. My employer wants to have his toast with you gentlemen." Rufus butted in when he saw how uncomfortable the lord was.

The tension rose immediately after Rufus spoke, Idris became more worried when he saw the king smirked, "I heard about what happened to your father, condolences my lord." a guest butted in.

The duke faked a cough, "I hope we're all invited to your coronation title, my lord."

"O-of course gentlemen, all of you can come."

"That's glad to hear my lord, get along well with my men, now if you'll excuse us."

Idris smiled a little and nodded, Rufus and he made a way for the four men, his forehead creased when he saw how the men gave Rufus a look, the duke even smirked at his attendant. He faced Rufus and saw how dark the man's aura was. He tugged Rufus' sleeves making the man look at him, "Hmm? Are you okay, my lord?"

He held Rufus' hand then pulled the man and walked towards an unoccupied room, a little far from the banquet, "Of course I am, just a little disappointed..."

"Because u didn't get any from the queen? you're not even sure if she's really the one, maybe she was framed up?" Rufus continued, Idris looked up at Rufus and gave him a glare.

"Don't even start with it." he warned.

"I apologize, my lord. I'm just stating my opinion." the man defended, giving him the same intensity of his own stares.

"Stop, never speak unless I ask you to. Come here." Idris ordered.

Rufus walked towards him, only three inches away from each other's body, Idris lowered his head then dropped his face on Rufus' clothed chest, he sniffed the man's natural scent and stayed silent. He slowly closed his eyes when he felt the man's warm and big hand crawling up on his head while the other hand stayed on the back of his waist, "You smell nice." he whispered.

The man didn't reply and kissed his head.

Idris felt pissed a little when the man stayed silent, "Why aren't you saying anything? Speak!" he demanded.

Rufus looked down on him with a confused impression written all over his face, "My lord, have you forgotten? You said I shouldn't talk unless you ask me too."

Idris grimaced as he stared at Rufus, "In other circumstances that is!" he scolded.

"I see. Rest well, my lord, I'll inform the attendant later that we'll be leaving."

Idris, even though he wanted a second part of the confrontation, he just stayed silent and nodded. Letting his man to the command for the night.