❛ Chapter 8 ❜

Chanyeol who was playing basketball with Sehun stopped when he saw Baekhyun sitting alone and looked like he was daydreaming.

The ball Sehun threw hit Chanyeol's head as the tall man was watching Baekhyun. Chanyeol grunted and glanced at Sehun. Sehun grinned innocently.

He then also looked at Baekhyun. He furrowed his eyebrows. They are in the basketball court.

Sehun and Chanyeol exchanged their glances before they walked closer to Baekhyun and sat beside him.

"Hey, what's wrong? You seems having a problem." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun glanced at both of them and shook his head. "Nothing." he replied.

Sehun raised his eyebrow. "Liar. You can't lie." he quickly said. Baekhyun sighed before he turned to facing them.

"Yesterday, Taeyeon said that she didn’t want to see me again. She doesn't want me to look for her anymore. What should I do?" Baekhyun explained everything.

"Huh?"

"Really?"

Baekhyun just nod. Chanyeol tapped his chin while thinking. "Hm, this girl is really hard to get close to. You're handsome. Eh, but I'm more handsome. Why is she hard to melt?"

Sehun rolled his eyes before he smacked Chanyeol's head. Chanyeol moaned in pain.

"Aww.."

"I'm more handsome than you!" Sehun said.

Baekhyun squeaked. "Yah! Focus!" he raised his voice and shake his head.

"Okay okay!" Sehun and Chanyeol replied together.

"I think..if you do anything to make her fall for you, I think you can't. Because she's hard." Sehun give his opinion.

Chanyeol agreed with Sehun. He kept nodding his head. "Yeah, true." he mumbled. 

Baekhyun let out a small sigh. He crossed his arms before spoke. "I really wanna know her past life. She makes me wanna know her more." he said.

Chanyeol and Sehun glanced at each other. Chanyeol then smirked.

"This is not Byun Baekhyun that I know." he commented.

Baekhyun looked at him. "Huh?" he make a puzzled face.

"Well, all this time you don't care about other people. Especially girls. What do you know, play to their hearts. Make them your girlfriend and then you break their hearts. That's the Baekhyun we know." Chanyeol continued.

"Yeah. You're weird now." Sehun added and he shrugged his shoulders.

Baekhyun frowned. "Am I weird?" Sehun and Chanyeol quickly nodded.

Baekhyun looked ahead. He admits that since meeting Taeyeon, he is really weird. He don't know why he's busy trying to find out about Taeyeon. The girl's past and so on.

"Yoona almost told me about Taeyeon's past. But Jessica and Tiffany stopped her." he suddenly said.

Chanyeol and Sehun smirked. "Yeah, Yoona is easy. Don't worry. Let us handle Jessica and Tiffany." Sehun said with a smirk on his face.

Baekhyun chuckled before he nod.

🌸🌸

Yoona packed her things before she got up from her seat and wanted to get out of the lab. Jessica and Tiffany are not with him as they both have other duties with Professor Kang.

When she was about to step out, suddenly one hand stopped her by pulling on her right arm.

Yoona almost screamed but the person covered her mouth. The person pulled her before let Yoona go.

The beautiful girl quickly turned.

"Baekhyun?" she asked. Then she hit his arm. "Yah!" she scolded him.

Baekhyun put his finger to his lips, a sign telling Yoona to be quiet. Yoona grunted before she crossed her arms.

"What do you want?"

"Tell me about Taeyeon's past." Baekhyun replied.

Yoona widened her eyes. "What?!" she asked in disbelief. Baekhyun sighed before he stared at Yoona.

He clasped both his hands in a sign of pleading to the girl. "Please. I really wanna know about her." he begging at her.

The girl frowned.

Why he is so desperate?

"Why you are so desperate to know about her? Don't tell me you want to tease Taeyeon or make fun of her past?" Yoona accuses him.

Baekhyun quickly shook his head. "No!"

Yoona has no choice. She grunted before sat on the chair. Baekhyun sat beside her and stare at her.

"Actually, Taeyeon used to be a cheerful person and always smiled. She was very kind and very cheap with a smile. But since this one incident happened, she has changed one hundred percent. And this has to do with her father." she started to tell Baekhyun.

She stop for a while before take a deep breath. "Her father, Mr. Kim is a person that Taeyeon really trusts. But Mr. Kim left Taeyeon and Mrs. Kim, Taeyeon's mother for another woman. He was also able to hit Taeyeon for the sake of the slut." she continued.

Baekhyun still silent, just hearing Yoona's story.

"Taeyeon also once had a boyfriend. But the boy was a playboy and Taeyeon didn't know about that. The boy played on Taeyeon's heart and broke her heart. While Taeyeon really believed in him. All her problems, Taeyeon always told him but the boy wasted her. He wasted it. Cheating on another girl. After they broke up, the boy and the other students mocked her and bullied her." Yoona forced a smile on her face.

Baekhyun was shocked a little. Didn't know that Taeyeon once had a boyfriend on her past life.

Yoona shook her head before continued, "And since then, she's been depressed. People she trusts and loves, all betrayed her. That's why she changed. Became a cold, quiet and mysterious person. Only the three of us know Taeyeon's nature. Although she's cold, but her heart is soft .And..We want to see Taeyeon back like before. She's cheerful and always laughs."

Then Yoona looked at Baekhyun.

"That's why we prevent any man from approaching Taeyeon. Especially you. You're a playboy and Taeyeon hates that. Now tell me, why did you approach Taeyeon?" Yoona asked.

Baekhyun was silent. Wouldn't he want to be honest with Yoona and tell her that he really wants to play on Taeyeon's heart? Now Yoona would smashed his handsome face.

Yoona raised her eyebrow. "Hello?"

Baekhyun cleared his throat and shake his head. "No. Nothing. I just curious about her." he lied at her.

Then he got up from his seat.

"I got to go. Thanks and bye." he said and went out from the lab quickly.

Yoona frowned.

"He's weird."

To be continued