❛ Chapter 55 ❜

She was there. At the park that Baekhyun told her to go that day. And today, she was here already. Feeling a bit nervous, and keep playing with her fingers.

The park was quiet and no one visited. In fact, the park is quite hidden and ideal for people discussing privacy.

"Taeyeon."

She turns, and making an eye contacts with him. But quickly, she looked away from him. Baekhyun can't tell if Taeyeon was mad at him or not.

Silence for a while between them. No one open their mouths after that. They both stared at the sky together. Baekhyun then walked closer to Taeyeon and stood next to her.

Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon before licking his lower lip. "I'm sorry." said Baekhyun slowly but Taeyeon managed to hear that.

Taeyeon was still silent.

"I had no intention of lying to you. I had an accident and lost my memory, amnesia. And I just got my memory back." he continued.

Taeyeon looked down. She knows about that.

"When I met you, yes I really don't know you because I don't remember you. But when we always meet and get closer, I can feel that I know you. Sometimes one day, I have a sudden headache. And Little by little old memories come back. It's all about you. We were both in university first. " Baekhyun explained again.

Taeyeon just listened and kept quiet. She just listened to Baekhyun's explanation without saying anything. Baekhyun then looked at Taeyeon.

He slowly holds both of her hands and make her look at him. Taeyeon looked into his eyes, and her heart started beating faster.

"And when we met that night at the convenience store and you expressed it all, my memory of you grew stronger. That night after I came home, I had more and more headaches. And the day when I met them six and they told me everything, my memory was recovering. And the last time we met before I was taken to the hospital when I heard you sing, my memory of you and they all almost recovered." Baekhyun continued while staring into Taeyeon's eyes.

Taeyeon's eyes got watered while hearing his explanations. She didn't knows about her feelings right now. Happy? Sad? Angry? She also doesn't know at all. Baekhyun, who saw Taeyeon almost dripping tears kept rubbing the girl's cheeks gently and at the same time, Taeyeon's tears flowed. Baekhyun kept wiping away her tears.

And the heavier Taeyeon's tears ran down her cheeks. She try to hold the feelings, but she can't. That's make her feel more sad and wants to cry. Taeyeon touched Baekhyun's hand that was rubbing her cheek gently. She closed her eyes for a while.

Baekhyun then pulled her into his hug. He hugged her tightly, let go of his longing. Taeyeon can't stop crying as she wrapping her arms around his waist, hugging him back.

"Don't cry. I'm sorry. I should be honest with you when we're in Jeju but I can't. I don't know how." Baekhyun said softly.

Taeyeon shook her head and tightened her hug. She wanted to say something but was stopped by her cries. Baekhyun understood and just kept quiet while hugging the girl. Taeyeon's head was kissed by him.

As Taeyeon's cries slowed and subsided, she began to speak. "I-I'm the one who should apologize...I—didn't listen to your explanation first before scolding you. I'm sorry. Before I could apologize and meet you, you left me first." she said.

Baekhyun just nodded while closing his eyes before opened it back. "I'm sorry for leaving you for four years." he whispered at her.

Then, Baekhyun let go of his hug and looked at Taeyeon's face which was a bit red from crying. The girl just looked down and she wiped away the tears. Baekhyun grabbed Taeyeon's chin and lifted her slightly so that the girl looked at him.

"I'm sorry..and I promise that I will never leave you alone anymore. I promised." he said softly while looking into her eyes deeply.

Taeyeon nodded slowly. Baekhyun brought his face close to Taeyeon's face slowly and closed his eyes. Taeyeon also closed her eyes slowly before feeling her lips being gently pressed by Baekhyun's lips. Their second kiss after almost four years.

The kiss was very slow and gentle. Taeyeon kissed him back as she wrapped her arms around his neck and Baekhyun hug her waist and pulled her closer. Just two minutes before they both let go of the kiss and stared into each other's eyes.

One of Baekhyun's hands gently touched Taeyeon's cheek and the other one still held Taeyeon's waist. Taeyeon let go of her hug around Baekhyun's neck and both her hands were placed on the man's chest.

"I miss you very much." Baekhyun said softly before smiling thinly.

"Me too. I can't believe that I still can meet you after four years and—" Taeyeon's words stopped. Taeyeon looked down which made Baekhyun frowned.

He lifted her chin and make her looked at him again. "Why?" he asked slowly. Taeyeon smiled a little. "My heart is strong saying that you are still alive. And when we meet, I can feel that you are close to me. I really can't believe you're gone." she said in a slow tone.

Baekhyun also smiled at her. "That's because..you love me. Right?" he looked into her eyes again. Taeyeon chuckled slightly before she slowly nodded.

Then she hug him quickly, hiding her red face. She's blushing. Baekhyun laughed while hugging her back. "You are so cute just before." he muttered while smiling.

Suddenly, Baekhyun's phone rang. Both of them break the hug before Baekhyun took out his phone from his pocket. He looked at the caller.

Chanyeol.

"They already know?" Taeyeon looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled and he nodded at her before he answered the call.

"Where are you? " about Chanyeol.

"I'm at the park...with Taeyeon." Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon as he grabbed Taeyeon's hand.

Chanyeol gasped softly. "She knows? Or— "

"She already knows." Baekhyun cut his words off.

"What about her reception? Is she angry? " Chanyeol asked carefully.

"Not at all. Where are you now?"

"I'm at the usual cafe with others. "

"Great. We're on our way to there."

"Nice!"

Baekhyun hung up the call and looked at Taeyeon while smiling. Taeyeon blurs for a moment. Baekhyun chuckled before he pinched her nose.

"So cute. Now let's go." he pulled Taeyeon.

"Where to?"

"Meeting others."

To be continued