❛ Chapter 35 ❜

"Hey!"

Jessica's shoulders shrugged when someone shocked her. She turned and hit that person.

"Yah! Do you want to kill me?!" Jessica hit that person many times.

"Ouch! Sorry! Stop it!" he tried to avoid Jessica from hitting him, but he failed.

Jessica stopped and bursted into laugh. "Serve your right, Kris!" she stuck out her tongue. Kris glared at her playfully and pouted a little.

"Stop pouting. You look ugly." Jessica teased him.

"Yah!" Kris slapped Jessica's head slowly and playfully. Jessica just giggled. Both of them sat on the sofa together.

Jessica then call her assistant and told her to make drinks for Kris and her. After that, she looked at Kris. "What's bring you here?" she asked.

Kris shook his head. "Nothing. Just wanna meet you." Kris smirked then he winking at Jessica. Jessica rolled her eyes. "Your playboy side never disappear." she mumbled.

But Kris can heard it. He then bursted into laugh.

"I'm joking. But, my playboy side is only for you." he teased her again.

"Yuck, stay away from me."

"But you like it."

"Ugh!"

"Kidding, Sica-ah!"

Both of them laughing together. Yep, they were enemies and stranger back in university time, but now they are best friends.

But, Kris always teasing Jessica with his playboy side which made Jessica cringe.

Knock! Knock!

Jessica's assistant went into the room and put down two cup of tea before she bowed and went out from the room.

"Have a drink." said Jessica.

"Thanks." Kris take a sip of his tea. Then he put back the cup down and looked at Jessica. "How about Taeyeon?" he asked.

Jessica who was sipping her drink, stopped. She cleared her throat while putting back the cup down. Then she sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know how to say about her." she muttered.

"Why?" Kris frowned.

Jessica stay silent for a while before she spoke. "She still can't forget him." with that sentence, Kris automatic understand. He nodded a little.

"I see..hm. By the way, I heard that someone was chasing after her now. What the guy's name?" Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

"Ok Taecyeon. Yes. He has been chasing Taeyeon for almost four years. But still, Taeyeon said that she can't reply his feelings." Jessica explained.

"Oh.. Hm, he seems like never give up." Kris commented and sipping his drink back.

Jessica let out a small breath. "Yeah. But Taeyeon always told him to stop. Because Taeyeon didn't want Taecyeon to get hurt." she says.

"Yeah, Taeyeon was true. He have to stop before he get hurt." Kris agreed.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders again. "I don't know. But looks like Taeyeon will never ever forget Baekhyun." she looked at Kris.

Silence. Kris remained silent when he heard his best friend's name. He look down and sighed.

"We miss him, Sica. Taeyeon must be miss him so much. Maybe, more than we do. It's hard to move on from someone that we love. Especially Baekhyun is the one who managed to change Taeyeon and he is the closest guy with Taeyeon." Kris said before licking his lower lip.

Jessica slowly nod before she patted Kris's back. "I understand." she mumbled.

🌸🌸

Taeyeon closed her diary and quickly hiding it before got up and open the door that knocked by someone.

She opened it and saw her father, Mr.Kim.

"Dad? Come in." she smiled.

Mr.Kim smile back and stepped into his daughter's room. They sat on Taeyeon's bed.

"What's up?"

"Why are you not sleeping yet?" Mr.Kim asked softly.

Taeyeon chuckled slightly before she shook her head. "I'm not sleepy yet." she replied. Mr.Kim sigh and patted her head. "But you have to woke early tomorrow. You have to work. Right?" he looked at her.

Taeyeon nodded. "I know, dad." she then rested her head on Mr.Kim's shoulder. "I am doing something just now. I will sleep later." she added and closed her eyes.

Mr.Kim smiled before slowly stroking his daughter's hairs softly. "Finally we can be like this again. Thank you for accepting me again, Taeyeon-ah."

Taeyeon looked up to her dad.

"Don't say about that anymore. I hate it. It's my fault too for being so stubborn and ego." she says.

"No, dear. It was my fault. That's why you become like that. Because of me." Mr.Kim shook his head. 

Taeyeon pushed herself slowly from her dad. "It's a past story. Let's forget it." she sighed again. Mr.Kim nodded and replied, "Okay."

He got up from his sit. "Goodnight. And don't forget, next week." he winked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon laughed slightly.

"I won't forget, dad." she replied.

Mr.Kim chuckled and nod before he went out from her room and closed the door. Taeyeon knows that her dad didn't want her to forget about going to Busan next week.

Yeah they have some works to do. Don't know why, but Taeyeon felt relieved when she didn't have to see Taecyeon's face. She didn't know how to stop him.

"Please stop and move on from me." she mumbled alone.

Taeyeon get back her diary and opened it. She then continued writing on her diary.

I'm excited to go to Busan next week even because of works. But still, I can go somewhere. But before that, I have to visited Baekhyun's tomb. It has been a while from the last time I visited him.

I miss him so much. I really do! I'm hoping that one day I can move on from him and let him rest in peace. But I don't know when. I still love him.

That's all for tonight.

Love, Taengoo.

Taeyeon closed her diary and keep it in drawer. Then she lying on her bed before closing her eyes.

But then she opened her eyes back. She can't sleep. Her eyes fixed on the bracelets on her wrist. The bracelets given by Baekhyun.

Her lips formed a smile. "I really miss you." she whispered. "Given a choice, I really wanna meet you again." she added while smiling.

Taeyeon then pushed herself from lying on the bed. Sighing again. "I can't sleep. Because I suddenly remembered of you, Baekhyun." she says.

"But I have to woke up early tomorrow." she groaned slowly.

Want or not, she continued to sleep even she can't. She just closed her eyes.

Goodnight.

To be continued