❛ Chapter 45 ❜

Taeyeon yawned again and again. She was sleepy already but she can't sleep again. Because she's still at her office, finishing her works.

Her schedule were so full today and that's why she still didn't go home yet. And now, only her in this building. Alone. She was scared a little but she still hold it. Sometimes she glances at her phone.

Checking the time. And it's almost 10 p.m in the night. She widened her eyes, shocked a little. Taeyeon quickly finished her work so that she could go home immediately.

Taeyeon is focused on preparing her work. And finally the work was ready at half past ten. She stretched her body before packing her things.

She picked up her handbag and got up from her seat. The chair was pushed back then she came out of her room and turned off the light switch and the air conditioner. Taeyeon looked around. Dark and lonely. Makes her even more afraid to be there. Suddenly she remembered the ghost story she had watched yesterday.

Taeyeon shook her head slowly before arranging a step towards the elevator. She entered the elevator and pressed the G button. She waited for a while before the elevator door opened and Taeyeon immediately stepped out of the elevator.

She took out her car keys and unlocked the door. She then got into her car and started the engine. After warming up the engine, Taeyeon continued to drive out of her work area.

"Ah, I'm hungry for something sweet anyway." she said alone before she stopped at a convenience store.

Taeyeon got out of her car and stepped into the convenience store. She headed to the ice cream section. While Taeyeon was choosing her favorite chocolate ice cream, someone called her name.

"Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon turned and saw him. Choi Junho. She looked away for a while before clearing her throat and looked at him back.

"H-hi." she accidently stuttering.

Junho smiled after seeing her stuttering. It looks cute for him. He chuckled before looked at her again. "Where are you from?" he asked.

"Uh— from work." Taeyeon replied before smiling awkwardly. She scratched her head after that.

Junho just nodded before he looked at the ice cream in the fridge and took the ice cream he wanted.

Taeyeon gives some space to Junho. She looked the other way. Her heart was beating fast suddenly when her shoulder touched with Junho's shoulder just now.

Junho looked at Taeyeon before glancing at the ice cream in the girl's hand. "Chocolate?" he asked.  Taeyeon just nodded. "Yes. My favorite ice cream flavor." she replied.

Junho mouthed an 'O' while nodding. They both headed to the checkout counter and put down their ice cream. The cashier looked at them both.

"Count with this chocolate ice cream." Junho said.

Taeyeon frowns and looked at him. Before she could say anything, Junho looked at her and spoke. "My treat." he says and smiled before looked back at the cashier.

Taeyeon was stunned. Junho's smile reminded her of Baekhyun.

"Hey, let's go."

Taeyeon gasped before looking at Junho again. He has finished paying. Taeyeon just followed Junho's steps and they both walked out of the convenience store.

"Let's sit there for a moment. It's okay, isn't it?" said Junho then pointed to a bench in the park near them. Taeyeon couldn't resist and she just nodded then they both headed to the park and sat on the bench.

Junho then gives the chocolate ice cream to Taeyeon. "Thanks." said Taeyeon. Junho smiled. They both opened the plastic of the ice cream and started licking their ice cream.

Silence for a while. Suddenly Junho spoke up. "You must be tired. Sorry." He felt guilty.

Taeyeon smiled. "No it's okay. I also need someone and I need some rest after working." she replied and stared at the stars.

"You're right." Junho chuckled slightly.

And silence again between them. They both feel awkward. Junho cleared his throat before glancing at Taeyeon. "Chocolate?" he asked.

Taeyeon nodded and smiled. "Yes. My favorite. And you, strawberry?" she raised one of her eyebrow while looking at Junho's ice cream. Junho nodded.

"Yes, my favorite. I love strawberries."

Junho's words made Taeyeon remember Baekhyun again. Strawberry. Baekhyun also likes strawberries. Taeyeon's facial expression changed and Junho noticed. He frowned and looked at her.

"Taeyeon? Why? Did I said something wrong?" he asked and started to feeling guilty.

Taeyeon smiled blandly before she shook her head. "No...it's just that you reminded me of him." she said before laughing a little. To get rid of her sadness.

"Byun Baekhyun?"

"Y-yes."

Junho looked at Taeyeon for a long time before silently sighing a little. He really felt guilty right now.

"He's a great guy. He is a cheerful and kind person. At first I thought him he was just like any other man. Playboy, evil and loves to play girl feelings. But after getting to know him better, I only knew he was sincere with me. And because of his sincerity, I fell in love with him. He also likes strawberries." Taeyeon told the story before laughing a little.

Junho just stay silent and listened to her story about Byun Baekhyun.

"I also remember..the first time he tried to approach me even though he knew I was a cold person and would not talk to anyone other than my best friends. But he kept approaching me." Taeyeon continued and licked her ice cream after that. "Indeed in the beginning..he intended to play on my heart. Break my heart. But over time he was sincere towards me. And the day we had a fight, it was all because someone lied saying Baekhyun was acting against me." she continued again.

"And that was the last time I saw him before him...gone forever." Taeyeon's cries started to sound a little. She looked down, didn't want Junho to see her tears.

But there's no use. Junho already saw it and heard it. He felt sorry for her. He slowly rubbed Taeyeon's back softly and gently. Trying to comforted her. "It's okay. Don't cry." he said softly.

Taeyeon wiped away the tears before laughing. "No, I'm okay. Junho, I'll go home first. Thanks for treating me." Taeyeon smiled and woke up before she went away without Junho having time to reply.

Junho just stared at her figure. He slowly sighed. "Poor her." he mumbled alone.

Taeyeon got into her car and held the steering wheel of the car. She sighed before her cries were heard again. Taeyeon cried again.

She missed him so much. Even four year has passed, she can't forget him. And never can. Now she can accept the reality, that Junho and Baekhyun are not the same person.

They were different. Totally different even their favourites are same.

To be continued