❛ Chapter 23 ❜

"Girlfriend, huh?" Taeyeon asked simultaneously stopping her step.

After Baekhyun warns Jiyoong, he continues to pull Taeyeon away without Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona saying anything.

Baekhyun also stopped from stepping then he looked back. Facing Taeyeon. The road in the area is quiet.

No one is there except them.

Baekhyun licked her lower lip before he replied. "Then?" he asked back.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at him. She crossed her arms and look away from him. She didn't know why, but she didn't feel mad when Baekhyun said that she is his girlfriend. 

"After all, Jiyoong knows me as your boyfriend. He remembers me as your new boyfriend after him." add Baekhyun.

Taeyeon remained silent. He was true at all.

"You hate him too. So I'll help you stay away from him by pretending to be your boyfriend. Right?" Baekhyun continued.

"So? Soon he will know that we are not even a couple." Taeyeon said back.

Baekhyun smirked. He leaned closer to her, which made Taeyeon step back. Until her back hit the wall. For the first time she backed away when Baekhyun did so.

Baekhyun also noticed that. His smile widened. "Why are you stepping back?" Baekhyun's question seemed to be whispering.

Just as Taeyeon was about to move, Baekhyun placed both his hands to Taeyeon's right and left. Trapping Taeyeon on the wall.

Their body were so close. Taeyeon's heart started to beating faster. Again.

She's trying to not looking into his eyes. Afraid that he will heard her heartbeat. 

Baekhyun was contemplating Taeyeon's cute face. His heart also beats fast when being close to Taeyeon like this. Something made him just want to stare at Taeyeon's face.

Taeyeon did not dare to look directly at Baekhyun. Why does she feel like this? It was the first time she had behaved like this.

"Taeyeon."

Finally she looked at him. They were staring into each others' eyes.

"You're beautiful." Baekhyun said.

Her heart was beating faster when she heard Baekhyun's praise. She then cleared her throat and look away back.

"I think— my friends are looking for me." Geez! Is she stuttered?

Baekhyun smiled a little before he let her go. Taeyeon finally felt relieved. But suddenly Baekhyun pulled her hand.

She was shocked a little.

"Let's go. My friends maybe with your friends." he said and continued to pull her.

Taeyeon just following him.

Unbeknownst to them, Jiyoong was watching them from afar. He saw all their behavior despite not hearing clearly what they were talking about.

But his heart ached when he saw Taeyeon and Baekhyun's condition just now. His heart hurts!

He clenched his fist before walked away from that area.

🌸🌸

"Taeyeon and Baekhyun are really weird." Tiffany commented before sipping her drink.

Yoona nodded, agreeing with Tiffany. "I think they hide something from us." she replied.

The others just exchanged their glances. Yup, the three girls are hanging out with the playboys. It's weird, right?

All the students around them, staring at them weirdly. Everyone knew that the three girls were not close to the three boys. Even they are like enemies.

But now, they are sitting together and talking.

"Are they fall in love with each other?" about Yoona suddenly.

Uhuk!

Jessica who was sipping her drink choked. Tiffany who was sitting next to her then gently patted Jessica's back.

Jessica then looked at Yoona.

"Yah, are you crazy? Hell no! Our Taeyeon is not going to fall in love with that playboy!" Jessica said.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. "Excuse me. You're talking about our friend." he retorted.

"So?"

"If that's their mate, you can't fight destiny."

Kris rolled his eyes when Jessica and Chanyeol started to argue. He crossed his arms and stare at them.

"Yo, relax. Jessica, Chanyeol was right. We cannot fight against destiny. After all, Taeyeon is a perfect match for Baekhyun." Kris shrugged his shoulders.

Jessica squeaked before she look away. "Whatever."

Tiffany licked her lower lip before she spoke.

"It's true what Chanyeol and Kris said. We can't fight destiny. Jessica, I know you're worried about Taeyeon. You are afraid if she gets hurt and betrayed again. Me too. Yoona too. But come to think of it, Taeyeon also has her own life path. One day, she will also marry a man." Tiffany said at length in a soft tone.

"After all I think Baekhyun is the right guy for Taeyeon. Don't you remember Mrs. Kim's story yesterday? " she asked.

Jessica remained silent. Mrs. Kim's story yesterday began to cross her mind.

"That's right. That's a sign, Taeyeon is showing a ... positive change! Isn't that what we want? Taeyeon who is cheerful and always smiling. You haven't noticed that since Baekhyun approached her, she's become like this." Yoona supports Tiffany.

The three boys just shut their mouths, listening to the girls talk.

"I'm okay and I'm very happy if Taeyeon can finally smile again and forget about her past. I will also always support her." Jessica finally open her mouth.

Yoona and Tiffany glanced at each other with a smile on their faces. Jessica sighed secretly.

"You have to thanked Baekhyun too. You guys finally can hear Taeyeon's voice when she sing." Sehun spoke.

The three girls stared at him. They knows.

"And I think only Baekhyun can protect Taeyeon from that bastard Jiyoong." added Sehun again.

Jessica automatically grunted roughly when she heard Jiyoong's name.

"How dare he reappear in front of Taeyeon. Especially me. If he dares to touch Taeyeon, his face will break later. Just look." Jessica said rudely.

"Relax, icy." Kris replied.

Jessica sipped her drink to calmed herself down.

"Yeah, I didn't believe it too when I saw his face in the class just now. But I believe, Jiyoong is frustrated when he knows Baekhyun as Taeyeon's new boyfriend." Yoona smirked.

The boys bursted into laugh. Jessica and Tiffany also smirk.

"I agree with you." Chanyeol said.

They all laughing again. It's fun to recall Jiyoong's tense face when he finds out that Taeyeon already has a replacement.

"Wait. Aren't we not on the same page?" Jessica suddenly stopped laughing.

"Oh come on, we're friends!" Kris hugged Jessica's shoulder and grinned. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Right." she replied sarcastically.

To be continued