❛ Chapter 33 ❜

"Alright, class. As you all know next week there will be a final exam. So I hope you're all ready. This is your last chance and after three months, you will all graduate. "Said Professor Lim.

The students started whispering to each other. Some are afraid to face the upcoming exams.

Professor Lim continued to walk out of the class when he finished telling the students. The class started to get noisy. They all started talking about the upcoming exams.

"I hope we're all ready and able to answer." said Tiffany to her friends.

Jessica and Yoona got up and approached Taeyeon and Tiffany's place. Taeyeon just looked at the three girls.

"Yes, I hope so too. I hope we all pass with flying colors." Yoona replied with a smile. Jessica and Tiffany nodded.

"Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon cleared her throat. "Yes?" she replied. "You look pensive just now. Why?" Jessica asked while frowning. Taeyeon quickly shook her head and smile.

"No it's nothing. I'm just thinking about the upcoming exams." said Taeyeon.

"Oh.." Jessica mumbled while actually she didn't trust her. She knows something bothered Taeyeon but she just keep quiet.

A moment later, Chanyeol, Kris and Sehun came to the girls' place and greeted them. "Hey, girls!" Kris smiled.

"Hey!"

Almost all the female students in the class looked at them. A look full of jealousy and anger when seeing their beloved oppas  close to another girl.

But, the four girls just ignore the stares thrown by the girls. But not Jessica. She glared at the girls with her cold eyes until the girls look away.

"Jealous." she mumbled.

"Let them be." Sehun says and rolled his eyes. Annoyed with the girls who are overreacted.

Taeyeon just shut her mouth. Didn't want to say anything and just staring at them. "So, you guys are ready for the upcoming exams?" Chanyeol crossed his arms and giggled.

Tiffany and Yoona smiled. "Of course." Tiffany chuckles. "We're ready." she added while showing her eye smile.

Chanyeol nodded while smiling. "I see." he muttered.

"Hwaiting! You all can definitely do it." Kris gives encouragement. The three girls laughed and Taeyeon just smiled.

"You guys too!" Yoona cheered.

It seems that the seven of them are now close friends. From strangers, and in turn becoming enemies, they eventually become close friends.

This is all due to Baekhyun trying to get close to Taeyeon. Taeyeon suddenly remembered of Baekhyun.

He is gone now.

She shook her head in silence before staring at her friends. They are still smiling even losing one friend. She have to smile too.

She can't be weak forever. She take a deep breath before let out it. "Guys, wanna study together?" Taeyeon suddenly spoke.

They look at her and slowly smile. "Sure!" all of them replied together.

Taeyeon smiled.

-

Knock! Knock!

Taeyeon turned and saw Mrs.Kim open the door before stepping into her room. She smiled at her mom.

"Mom, why?" she asked softly.

Mrs.Kim approached her and sat beside her on the bed. "Just checking if my beloved daughter is okay or not." Mrs.Kim replied.

Taeyeon smiled a little. "I'm fine."

"You know a mother always knows if her child is sad or not. Okay or not." said Mrs.Kim while patting Taeyeon's head.

Taeyeon stay silent. Mrs.Kim touched her hand softly which made Taeyeon looked at her mother.

"Just tell me what's wrong."

Taeyeon's eyes watered. She was touched by her mother's soft words. Without her realizing it, tears flowed. Mrs. Kim rubbed Taeyeon's cheek softly, wiping away the tears.

"I just..miss him." Taeyeon mumbled.

Mrs.Kim nodded. She knows.

"But he's gone to leave me. I haven't had time to meet him and apologize to him. But he's gone forever." Taeyeon's cries began to be heard. Mrs.Kim pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear his explanation first. I love him so much, mom. He's the only guy who managed to make me like this." Taeyeon continued while sobbing.

Mrs.Kim rubbed her shoulder softly and nodding. "I feel you. I know and I understand." she replied softly.

Taeyeon cried for a long time in her arms. Mrs.Kim let her daughter let go of the sadness she felt. She has never seen Taeyeon so sad. Taeyeon has also not expressed her feelings to anyone for a long time.

She is a girl who likes to hide her feelings. But today, Taeyeon let out everything that she felt.

"Taeyeon.. Listen to me."

Mrs.Kim slowly let go of the hug. She looked at her daughter.

"Sadness is a normal feeling when we feel sad or lose someone. But I don't like to see you like this. The living will surely die. This is God's provision. We must abide by destiny. Life must go on. Mother is sure, there will be a rainbow after the rain. You will be fine. God has arranged everything well."  said Mrs.Kim softly.

Taeyeon remained silent. She was thinking about her mom's words.

"If you continue to grieve like this, you will make everyone worried. Me, Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona. And you will get sick. I want my daughter to be healthy and happy. Don't be sad anymore. I understand your feelings. But he is already gone. We can't do anything anymore." added Mrs.Kim again.

Taeyeon look down. She slowly nodded and sighs. "I'm sorry if I make you worried." she apologized.

Mrs.Kim smiled and shook her head. "No it's okay. But I hope you're not sad anymore. He will be happy in heaven." she replied while rubbing Taeyeon's cheeks.

Taeyeon nod again. "Yeah. Thanks mom." she hugged Mrs.Kim once again. Mrs.Kim return her hug.

"Now rest. I will go out now. Goodnight." Mrs.Kim break the hug and kiss Taeyeon's forehead.

Taeyeon smiled. "Goodnight too, mom." she mumbled. Mrs.Kim got up and went out from Taeyeon's room.

Taeyeon sighed. Suddenly she remembered Kris's words. Kris was right. Mom was right. They were right.

"Thanks." she mumbled again.

Knock! Knock!

Taeyeon glanced at the door. The door was opened by Mrs.Kim again.

"Yes?"

Mrs.Kim's face looked a little murky making Taeyeon feel weird.

"Yo-your... Father was here."

To be continued