4

"What happened to your face? Did you get into a bar fight or something?" The first thing Heejin says to me this morning.

"Is bar fight cooler than my ass getting beaten by my dad?" I joke.

"He did that? That asshole" she grabs my face to take a closer look.

"Well I have bad news for you" She let go of my face.

"What?"

"You're still ugly" she laughs.

"Speak for yourself."

"Good morning ladies" our supervisor greets. He's in a better mood today.

"Hey Ryujin, what happened?" He focuses on me.

"Nothing. Just an accident" I answer.

"Do you need to take the day off? You can go home if you want" he sounds concern.

"I'm good but thank you" I smile.

"Oh okay then. Let me know if you need anything" he says before leaving without saying goodbye to Heejin.

"I swear he likes you" Heejin says in a low tone of voice so no one hears.

"He used to. I don't think he does anymore.  Plus he's our supervisor and everyone here knows I like women" I say.

"If you say so. Let's get to work before he comes back and hits on you again" I roll my eyes at what she said.

I lied to Heejin. I do know that our supervisor still likes me. He's asked me once a few times before even when he found out I'm into women but I turned him down. He's been respectful about it for the most part but I can tell he's still trying to win me over.

---

"So the lady doctor was pretty huh? Are you gonna ask her out?" Heejin takes a spoonful of her food.

Were having lunch now.

"Ask her out? Do you think I'm that fast? Honestly I've ever asked anyone out" I share a secret with her.

"What? You've had relationships and you've never asked anyone out?" She looks at me in disbelief.

"It's weird. I start talking to a girl then we just naturally start dating because they tell me that we're already girlfriends. They say I'm their girlfriend and I don't disagree. I've never really broken up with anyone either. My last relationship is the first one. The other ones, they break up with me because they found someone better" I say.

"They say that? They found someone better?" She ask and I nod.

"Where do you find these people? Holy shizz."

"I haven't really found a good one. My best friend just recently pointed out that I fall for people too easy so I'm trying to be more aware and hold myself back" I say.

"How is that going?" She ask.

"I don't know. Normally I feel like I would have developed a crush on Jisu, the lady doctor, but I keep hearing my friend's voice in my head saying I fall too easily."

"I can set you up with a friend of mine if you want?" Heejin offers.

"I think I'm good. If she's nice then I might fall for her then scare her away. It might ruin our friendship and I don't want that."

"Ryujin, I got you carrot cake" out supervisor sits next to me.

"Oh, thank you but I'm actually done eating now. I gotta get back in the line. Maybe Heejin would want it" I smile at him then I stand up to leave.