34

A week had passed and my hand is healing. The doctor said it should heal properly and it should be able to function one hundred percent after physical therapy which I'm happy about. 

Yeji and I have entered this weird zone in our relationship though. We're not together but we sometimes act like we are. She comes over a lot and we cuddle. Even our friends are confused as to what we are. I'm really just waiting on Yeji but I also don't want to ask her what we are again. I'm giving her the time she asked for but it's kind of hard because sometimes it feels like I want more. I want to be able to call her my girlfriend and go out on dates with her. 

She still gets jealous when Minju hangs out with me even though I've told her multiple times that we're just friends and Minju is aware of my feelings. Soobin is happy that Yeji and I are in good terms now. He thinks it's the start of our love story but I told him it's not a love story if only one person loves the other because I think Yeji just likes me. 

I've also been off work because of my hand. I did press charges against Haechan because what he did really isn't okay, no matter how hard I tried to understand his actions. I've been rejected by women before but I never thought of harming them in any way. 

Today is one of the few days where I don't see Yeji. She said she has plans which I understand so I asked Yuna earlier if she wanted to hang out. She said no at first but with a lot of persuasion and bribing her with food then she agreed. 

There's not much I can do because of my hand so we decided on watching a movie then just have dinner together. 

We go to our favorite restaurant. It's usually the place where we would meet at when she used to live with our parents. It's far from where we live so that we wouldn't accidentally run into them or anyone they know.

Yuna said that the Hwangs are making sure that my dad doesn't go anywhere near her. She also shared that our dad's reputation in the company is not doing well. I heard that some of the staff working directly under him are either quitting or requesting to be transferred somewhere else. 

We order our food so we're just waiting right now. 

"Will you stop looking at me like that?" I say to Yuna.

"I can't help it. You could have at least put an effort on your outfit" She shakes her head. 

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing? It's comfortable."

"You're wearing a brown shirt with green checkered blazer with jeans" She says like it's the most hideous thing ever. 

"You're just jealous because I can pull it off and you could never."

"I'd rather have everyone see me in a garbage bag than wear that."

Our food finally arrives so we just enjoy our meal. If there's one thing the Shin sisters love, that would be food. 

Towards the end of our meal, I hear a familiar laugh. I look around to find the source of the sound. Yuna notices me looking around so she does the same thing.

"What are you looking for?" Yuna ask. 

"I thought I heard Yeji's voice" I say. 

"You love her so much that you're hearing her even when she's not around" She chuckles but she stops right away when she spots Yeji. 

I see her at the same and my shoulder drops. I knew she had plans but I didn't think that plan involved her having dinner with a guy. I watch them walk out of the restaurant and I lose my appetite. 

"Ryujin" Yuna says my name. 

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just finish our food and go home" I say without looking at my sister. She respects my request so we finish our food in silence.