47

"No way! Really!? You want us to work at your company?" Heejin slams her hands on the table, unable to believe what I just said.

I shared with them about working for me and becoming my assistants. The pay will be better and better benefits too.

"Ryujin, why?" Beomgyu seems to not believe it either.

"You two have done so much for me. Heejin and I have known each other since I started working here. You've taken me under your wing and really took care of me. This is the least I can do" I explain.

"Yeji and her parents are okay with this?" He ask.

"They are. Yeji even said that it will be good because my assistant can have you two do smaller things and he can focus on training me to understand how to do my job" I say.

"So do you accept? You don't have to if you don't want to" I add.

"Of course I do" Heejin runs to me and hugs me.

"Thank you" She kisses my cheek.

"You can't do that over there, Heejin. The people over there might think I'm cheating on Yeji" I say.

"Pshh, as long as Yeji knows I have no intention of stealing you then I don't care what those people say" she kisses me on the cheek again and I push her away.

"You're gonna cause me problems, huh" I chuckle while wiping my face.

I look at Beomgyu, "So?"

"I'd be stupid not to take it" he says.

"Why do you not seem happy about it?" I ask.

"I just don't want it to backfire and I lose that job then I can't get my job here."

"I'll take care of everything. It won't backfire because I know you can do the job. I know how organize you are and how well you pay attention to details. And I need someone to keep an eye on Heejin" I say and he finally smiles.

"Well, if you put it that way then I'll always be useful" he laughs.

"Thank you for accepting my offer" I say to them.

"Don't be ridiculous. We should be thanking you for the offer so thank you" Heejin says.

"Yes, thank you" Beomgyu says.

I'm glad they accepted the offer so I can have familiar people around me.

---

Tonight, instead of going to the company, I'm having dinner with my mom. It's our first dinner together alone so I'm not sure what to expect. Yeji offered to join me but I declined her offer because I wanted to see how things are with just the two of us.

I get to the Chinese buffet restaurant first so I'm just waiting for her. I choose this because I'm sure she would have taken me to a fancy restaurant if it was her choice.

I look around and I realize I haven't taken Yeji here yet. I should definitely do that in the future.

I really like this place. I'm not sure why. I like their Mongolian barbecue.

I focus at the front door so I can see my mom arriving. After a few minutes, I finally see her walk in.

I wave so she can see where I am.

"Hey" she sits down.

"Hi" I reply.

I start fidgeting with my fingers under the table. Maybe I should have had Yeji come because the air feels thick right now.