10

It's Monday afternoon and I'm on my way home from work.

Jisu spent the rest of the day, yesterday to unpack her things in our place. Since it's only a three bedroom apartment, she's sharing a room with Chaeryeong which I'm sure she doesn't mind. I offered my room since I'm okay with sleeping in the living room but Jisu said she would feel like a burden if I do that.

She did call Yeji yesterday night to update her and I think they met earlier today to talk about some stuff.

I also apologized to Heejin and Haechan today for ditching them Saturday at the movies. Heejin understood but I think Haechan was a little bit upset.

"I'm home!" I announce as I enter our apartment.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know we have a visitor" I say when I saw Soobin sitting at the kitchen table.

"Yeji and Jisu are in the bedroom and told me to stay out here" he explains and I silently say ah.

"How are you?" I make small talk while sitting across from him. I'm trying to be a good host but I don't know. We don't really get visitors a lot.

"I'm good, keeping busy" he answers.

"Thanks for keeping Yeji company Saturday, by the way" he adds.

"Not a problem" we sit in silence now.

"So how did you and Yeji become friends"

"We're new friends. We met through Jisu" I answer.

"I'm not a bad boyfriend by the way" he suddenly shares.

"I didn't think you were" I awkwardly say.

"I felt bad leaving Yeji that day but I still have a job to do. I have to provide for myself and my family. They rely on me."

"You really don't have to explain yourself to me. I get it" I say to him.

"It's just Jisu doesn't understand and she always makes me feel bad but it's not my fault when I called in for work. If I want to keep my job then I have to do what they say" he sighs.

I swear I'm cursed. I don't know why but it's something that happens with me a lot. People I've just recently met or even complete strangers would randomly open up to me.

There was one time I was out shopping with Chaeryeong, I was tired so I sat on one of the chairs in the resting area and some old man started sharing stories about his lousy marriage.

"Like I said, I get it but I also understand why Jisu would be upset. I'm not as close with Yeji as she is. They've been friends for a long time so she's more protective towards her. Yes, Jisu should be more understanding of your situation but you can also be understanding of why she acts the way she does when it comes to her best friend. In her eyes, you could be playing with someone she cares about. You might know it's not true but unless you sit down with her and explain yourself then nothing will change."

At that moment, Jisu and Yeji exits Chaeryeong's bedroom and I thank the fluff heavens.

"Ryujin, you're home" Jisu smiles.

"Yes, is Chaeryeong home already?" I ask.

"No and neither is Yuna."

"Hey Ryu" Yeji greets but I'm taken aback by the sudden nickname.

"Hey, how's things? You and Jisu are able to talk alright?" I ask.

"Yea, when she's ready then she can work in my company" Yeji smiles as she sits next to her boyfriend.

"What took you so long? I missed you" Soobin kisses her and I look away. Nothing is more awkward than witnessing two people kiss in front of you.

"So, do you know if Yuna is interested in modeling?" Yeji ask.