17

"Are you two fighting?" Jisu ask while slowly opening the door.

"No" I say

"Yes" Chaeryeong differs from me.

"What's going on?" She looks really worried.

"Don't say anything" I say to my best friend.

"Then tell me that this is what you want. Are you gonna be happy with your decision? I'm not doing this to be a bitch. I'm doing this for you. Why are you giving up something you don't have to?"

I remain silent because I can't bring myself to say that I do want to stop my friendship with Yeji.

"Then Jisu should know. It does involve her best friend too."

Chaeryeong proceeds to tell Jisu what happened at dinner with the Hwangs.

"They can't do that. It's not your fault that your dad is dicktwat. If they're worried about their daughter then hire security or make sure she's never alone with him or make sure they never interact with each other but asking you to stop being her friend is wrong" Jisu takes out her phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm calling Yeji" she starts dialing.

"No!" I try to grab her phone but Chaeryeong tackles.

"Yuna! Help!" She shouts.

My sister runs into my room, "What's happening?"

"Help me hold her down then I'll explain later!" Chaeryeong is struggles to stop me.

Yuna holds me by my legs while Chaeryeong is holding my waist.

"Let me go!" I inch my way to Jisu.

"Yeji, get over here now. It's urgent" Jisu says then hangs up right away before I could even speak up.

They finally let me go.

"What's going on?" Yuna ask.

Again, Chaeryeong gives Yuna a recap of what happened.

"I agree with Chaeryeong. You can't let them just tell you what to do with your life" Yuna joins their side.

"Yeji is on her way here. You don't have to listen to us but you should listen to her. This affects her too. Not just you. You can't end your friendship with her without explanation. That's not fair to her" Jisu explains to me and that's a good point. People have done it to me and it hurt.

"I get it" I finally give in.

"Look Ryu, I'm sorry for being harsh with you but I can't sit still when people do this shit with you" my best friend calms down.

"I know you mean well" I give her a small smile.

After a half an hour, the doorbell rings and Jisu opens the door to let Yeji in. They lead her to my room.

"We will leave you two alone. Ryujin, tell her everything. If you don't, we will" my best friend says in her scary tone.

"Whatever you decide, I'll support you but make your decision because it's what you want and not because of other people, including me" Yuna hugs me before leaving.

Jisu is the last to leave and closes my door.

"What's that about?" Yeji is confuse.

I don't answer and I just look down. I'm sitting on my bed with knees on my chest.

She sits next to me, "Did something happen?" She speaks softly.

"Ryujin, you're scaring me" she says when I'm still not saying anything.