22

A few days after that talk with Soobin, I've decided to move back in to the apartment.

"I can't believe you're leaving already. I've had so much fun having you around here" Mrs. Lee hugs me.

"Thank you for letting me stay here" I hug her back.

She push me away and smacks my arm, "How many times do I have to tell you that this is your home too so of course you're welcome to stay anytime. Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"You have three great kids, someone has to give you a headache" I joke.

"Visit us more often, okay? Stop feeling like you're bothering us" Mr. Lee now hugs me.

"I'll try my best" I hug him back.

I say one last goodbye and I finally leave. I drive to the apartment, thinking no one would be home since I did take today off so I can move back in. Jisu should be at work, Chaeryeong and Yuna should have classes.

I open the door to my apartment and I find a crying Yeji on the couch. I quickly glance around to see if anyone else is home.

"Yeji, why are you crying?" I drop my bags and approach her.

"Soobin broke up with me!" She cries harder and I feel guilty again.

I immediately engulf her into my arms.

"What's wrong with me that he would leave me?" I hold on to her while sitting down next to her.

"There's nothing wrong with you. Did he say there was?" I ask.

"No, he said that he's at a place in his life right now where he can't give me his all so he thinks it's unfair for us to be together."

I'm really surprise that Soobin actually broke up with Yeji. I didn't think he was lying but I guess I didn't think he would actually do it either and to do it this soon.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I ask.

"No. I'm not the type to beg someone to come back" she suddenly wraps her arms around my waist then buries her face in my neck.

"Yeji, you're tickling me" I say trying to push her away but she just clings on to me tighter.

"I'm sorry I'm here alone" I feel her breath on my neck, "but when he broke up with me, you were the first person I wanted next to me. I knew you were coming home today so Jisu gave me the passcode to your place."

"It's alright. I'm here for you" I say but I'm keeping it as friendly as possible. I don't want her to think I'm taking advantage of her vulnerability to try to make her mine.

What am I saying!? When did I have a plan to make her mine?! I shake my head trying to clear those thoughts because it's shocking for me. Her and Soobin just broke up. I need to get these thoughts out of my head.

I appreciate Soobin saying that he will support us but it's kind of impossible if Yeji isn't into women or me, in general.

"What am I gonna do now? Who's gonna love me now?"

"What are you talking about? Soobin won't be the only person that will love you. I don't know if you noticed but you're a catch and a half Yeji" I say.

She pulls away from me, "What the hell does that mean?" She says smiling and I smile too.

"Meaning that you'll never have to worry about no one loving you because there will be someone out there who does even if you don't know it" I say while thinking about myself.

"Why do you always know what to say to cheer me up? Are you reading my mind?" She's really smiling now. My favorite smile.

"Have you eaten yet? I don't know how long you've been crying so you might not have thought about eating anything" I say.