41

The next day I wake up alone in bed. I tried to sleep on the floor last night but Yeji wouldn't let me. She would throw mini tantrums until I finally laid down next to her.

I get out of bed then head to the bathroom to wash my face and use her mouthwash. After that, I head downstairs to look for Yeji. I thought she would still be in bed with a hangover or something.

"Miss Yeji, are you sure you don't want us to do it for you?" I hear some commotion in the kitchen.

"Yes, I'd like to do this myself" I hear Yeji say.

"Shit!" I hear glass breaking.

I run into the kitchen to see if Yeji is okay.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Ryujin, you're up" she looks at me while cleaning up the glass pieces on the floor.

I get down to help her clean up.

"Don't, you might cut yourself" she says.

"So can you" I continue to pick up the pieces.

"Why are you awake already?" She pouts when we finish cleaning up.

"Am I not allowed to be?" I question.

"I wanted to make you breakfast in bed."

"Miss Yeji, will you please let me cook your breakfast?" The helper sounds like she's practically begging. What did Yeji put them through this morning?

"Fine" Yeji sighs.

"Let's go back to my room" Yeji tells me.

I don't resist and just follow her back to her room.

"Thank you for attempting to make me breakfast" I say after closing her door.

"It's not good enough" she seems genuinely sad about it.

"Why not? Its the thought that counts."

"How am I gonna be a good girlfriend if I can't cook for you. You can cook for me but I can't do the same" she lays down on her bed and buries her face in her pillows.

I sit down next to her while rubbing her back, "Who said that being able to cook is what determines if someone is a good girlfriend or not?"

"Maybe that's why people think I'm not someone anyone would want to commit to because I can't do basic things like that" she mumbles into her pillow.

"Can you look at me? Or at least show me your face?" I softly request.

She groans then lays on her back but she doesn't look at me, instead she looks at the ceiling.

A part of me wants to find those people that says those things about Yeji. I hate that she's so bothered by it. I hate that they think that about her. Who thinks like that?

"Yeji, I don't need someone who can cook for me. If I did then I'd date mama Lee. A girlfriend is someone who's there for you. Someone that listens to you over the smallest things. Someone that supports you. Someone that will care for you. Someone that will protect you. And you're all of those."

"Those people that said that you're not the type for someone to commit to, doesn't know you. They know nothing about you so please don't let them get to you. Or I might have to go to jail for kicking their asses" I say.

"You'd do that for me?" She finally makes eye contact with me.

"Yes, I can't guarantee I'll come up on top but I will definitely try to show them what I've got" I smile.