54

I've been working at the company for about a year now. I'd say I'm doing alright since there hasn't been any talks of kicking me out.

Yeji and I are doing great too. I don't know how it's possible for us to be closer but it's somehow happening. It's weird because we haven't had any fights.

For my mom, we've gotten closer to each other too. She comes over to my apartment now quite a bit. We have dinner together as a family about twice a week. She seems content with that.

"What do you think of this?" I hold a necklace to show Jisu.

"I think she will love it. I also think she will love anything you get her."

"This is my first time having enough money to buy someone something expensive" I stress out.

Yeji and I have been together for over a year now. We actually wasn't able to celebrate our anniversary on the day of because she had to travel which made me sad but I understand it happens because of work.

"What is your plan for tonight?" She ask.

"It might sound cliché but I'll cook for her then have a romantic dinner then give her the gift I'm gonna get her" I say.

"Are you gonna pop the question?" Jisu raises her brow at me.

"I think so. I'm nervous she'll say no though" I sigh.

"I think she will say yes. I would be shock if she says no."

"I hope so but help me pick out a necklace for her. I want something that says you're mine but respectfully" I start looking at the display again to see if there's something that catches my eye.

"You don't know how happy I am that my best friend is dating someone so in love with her. I wish I set you two up so I could be like cupid, bringing two people together" she chuckles.

"You kind of did. I don't think her and I would have become friends if it weren't for you. When you called the cops on my parents, that's when everything changed for me. Thank you, Jisu" I try to show my gratitude the best I can.

"So it's because of me that you and Yeji are together? Oh, I can't wait to tell Yuna that I am a good match maker. It was Yeji's fault for having a boyfriend that's why I had to set you up with Karina" Jisu seems happy.

"Yuna still won't let you set her up with someone?" I chuckle.

"No. It's different if she says she just doesn't want to date or something but she keeps teasing me with my failure with you" She sighs.

"Then that stupid lady across from us overheard it and now she teases me about it. She keeps saying that's probably why I'm so attach to our doormat because it's the only success I have in life like who does she think she is?" She shakes her head.

"I can't believe you still argue with her over that" I laugh.

"I think it just wouldn't feel right if we stop now" she laughs too.

"We argue about other things too, not just the doormat now. The other day, I ordered food delivery and I left it out there for ten minutes just to annoy her" she seems proud.

"Of course you would."

We continue to shop for Yeji. I ask Jisu to come with because I figured she would know Yeji's taste better than anyone I know.

We shop for hours until I finally found something that I think she would like. Its nothing big or fancy. I feel like this gift is more meaningful to me than it would be to her.

I really hope she likes it though. It's a diamond crescent moon with an emerald stone inside the moon. It kind of looks like the emerald is sitting on the bottom part of the moon.