16

Yeji picks me up from my place. We're going to her house to meet her parents. I really don't know why they would want to meet me since they're not close to my parents anymore.

"I'm kind of nervous to meet your parents" I say.

"Why?" She glances at me while she drives.

"Do you not drive often?" I change the subject when I see her so tense behind the wheel.

"I do but I have to make sure I drive safely since I have a passenger with me" she focuses on the road now with her hands strictly at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

"You're so cute" I say.

"I'm glad you find my concern for your safety cute" she smiles and that smile just sends me to another dimension every time I see it.

I actually really like how comfortable Yeji and I are with each other. It's like we were meant to be friends.

I'm afraid I might be getting attached to her though. I have a history of friends leaving me too. I really like Yeji as a friend and it's been fun whenever we hang out with each other but a part of me is hesitant. My mind is hesitant but whenever I care for someone my heart goes all out.

I've had a lot of ex friends use me in the past. They only hung out with me or talked to me when they want or need something but whenever I need them, they make me feel like I'm a burden. That's why I don't like accepting help from anyone even friends. Chaeryeong is an exception because she's scary if I don't let her help me.

"We're here" Yeji carefully parks the car. She makes putting the gear in park cute.

I unbuckle myself and slowly get out of the car.

"What do you think?" Yeji stands next to me.

"It's big" is all I can say. Their house look like an actual mansion.

"Let's go. My parents are waiting" she gestures for me to go first. I slowly walk because I'm not sure where I'm going once I walk into the front door.

"Mom! Dad! We're here!" Yeji shouts.

"Would they even hear you with how big this place is?" I ask.

"I'm pretty loud" She laughs.

"Oh perfect timing" a woman that resembles Yeji walks in.

"Who's here?" A good looking man follows. Now I see why Yeji looks so damn good.

"I'm Ryujin. Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Hwang" I bow to them.

"Let's sit at the table since dinner is ready and we can continue talking then" Mrs. Hwang says with a friendly face.

"Let's go?" Yeji looks at me to make sure I'm doing okay.

We walk to the dining hall where they have the food already set out. Yeji pulls out a chair for me then she sits next to me. Mr. Hwang sits at the head of the table while his wife sits on his right side.

"How are you doing, Ryujin?" Mrs. Hwang ask.

"I'm good, thank you for asking" I politely answer.

They ask basic questions like what I do for a living, hobbies, and such.

"Why is it that I never see you around the company? Does your dad not allow you to go?" Mr. Hwang ask.

"Dad, that's a bit personal" Yeji says.

"She doesn't have to answer but I can still ask."

"It's for personal reasons. He doesn't agree with some things in my life so were not on speaking terms" I give him a vague answer.