21

A month had passed since Yeji's accident. Her and Soobin ended up not going to their trip since Yeji wasn't in the best condition emotionally and mentally. We also ended up not going to Soobin's party for his grandma.

Soobin was extremely apologetic for not being able to pick up his phone when Yeji called. He's also appreciative of me for going to her right away.

For the past month, I've tried my best to move on from Yeji. I keep going on blind dates Jisu sets up for me. I've also been hanging out with Karina and Winter at their place more.

I've also moved in with the Lee's. We made an excuse that they wanted me to move in for a while to help them around the house since Chaeryeong is not very handy.

I don't see Yeji as often but it doesn't seem like my feelings for her have changed. I still think about her and I always wonder what she's doing or if she's okay.

She keeps telling me how she's sad that we're not hanging out as much and I just apologize to her.

"I think you should give us another chance" Karina tells me while I play games on my phone.

"What?" I put down my phone on my lap.

"Maybe you'll forget about her while you're with me. I still like you Ryujin. I like you more now than I did before after spending so much time with you."

"Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't like you?" Winter questions, looking unhappy.

"Maybe she can learn" Karina says.

"You shouldn't settle for that. You should be with someone who likes you from the beginning. Not someone who can learn. There's so many people who would want you" Winter raises her voice a little.

"Why are you getting upset with me?"

"Should I leave? This seems like it should be a private conversation" I say.

They ignore me.

"Why does it matter to you who I date?" Karina ask.

"Because you deserve so much better!" Winter loses it, "Why are you going after Ryujin that likes someone else? Do you not see me at all?"

I widen my eyes once I realize why Winter is so upset. I feel so dumb that I never realized it because looking back she did make it so obvious. She was always upset whenever I came over. She walks away when Karina becomes clingy to me. She's always talking about Karina should date someone who likes her.

"You like me?" Karina is unsure.

"I thought I made it obvious" Winter sighs.

"To be fair, I didn't realize it until now either" I slowly raise my hand but I put it back down when Winter glares at me.

I decide to join their conversation, "Karina, she's right. I'm not saying you should date Winter. You can if you want to but you shouldn't date me because I have feelings for someone else. I told you that's unfair to you. Even if you think you understand and are willing to put up with it, it will hurt you and that's the farthest thing I want to do to you."

"I really appreciate that you have feelings for even after all this time. You've been nothing but amazing to me by letting me hang out here and listening to whine about Yeji. But you really do deserve someone better than" I continue to speak.

"I also don't want to get anyone else involved in my life until I get it together. Say I do date someone and I do like her bit I still have feelings for Yeji, that won't turn out well. I would be like an asshole that used that person" I add.