15

"Hey" Karina kisses my cheek.

"How was your day?" I ask.

"Busy" she sighs then buckles in.

"I'm so ready to relax and just watch this movie" she adds.

I start driving to the movie theater while she shares her day with me. Nothing exciting, paper works, meetings, and communicating with the employees.

"How was your day?" She ask after sharing about hers.

"Nothing exciting either. Just work. I work in a factory so it's rare for me interact with others. I only talk to one person and we do most of our talking during lunch because it's hard to talk when you're on the floor since all the machines are loud."

"Do you like working there though?" She ask.

"Not really but it pays decent money and it has benefits so it's good for now" I answer.

"What do you want to do? Career wise? Stop me if ever I'm being too personal. I just want to get to know you better."

"I'm not really sure. Is that bad? I never really thought about it. When my parents kicked me out and my best friend's family took me in, my only goal was to get a job so I don't have to rely on them. I was focus on being able to provide for myself no matter what. I didn't care what job I had to do."

"No, I actually admire you. If I were in your shoes, there's no way I would have handled your situation as well as you did. Why did your parents kick you out?" She ask and I say the whole gay thing.

"Well it's their loss" she smiles at me.

We arrive at the movies and head straight to the popcorn line since I already ordered our tickets online.

Karina clings to my arm while we wait in line. I think it's adorable how excited she is just to go see a movie with me.

I've kine of been hesitant this whole night because of the whole Yeji thing but I might be missing out on getting to know someone amazing. I shouldn't hold back because Karina is not Yeji. It would unfair to not give this a fair shot.

We get to the front of the line and buy our popcorn along with candies she likes. She offers to pay but I reminded that this time its all on me since it was her treat on our first date.

"Thank you for the treats" she says as we sit down on our seats.

"Is it enough?" I ask.

She chuckles, "Yes. It's more than enough."

"Next time though we should get those cuddle sofas up front so we can cuddle during the movie" I get shy at her forward remark.

"Do you like me that much?" I smile.

"Yes. I know we've only had one date but I thought it went well that I want to have more dates with you. I want us to be closer each date, am I moving too fast for you?"

"It's okay. It's just been a while since I dated someone so I'm not sure how things are supposed to be. I do find you adorable and I'm comfortable around you."

"Would this help?" She brings herself closer to me then puts her hand behind my head and pulls me her, next thing I know our lips are touching each other. I don't move at my lips from shock but once I realize what's happening, I kiss her back.

Luckily, there's not a lot of people in here and we're sitting at the back or people would witness a free show.

She pulls away, leaving me speechless. "Did it help?" She ask.

"Y-yea" I stutter and she laughs.

"You're cute."

I'm about to say something back but the movie starts. We eat our snacks until it was already gone only a quarter way into the movie.