Chapter 5. Panic

"Ana, could I see you for a moment?" Adrian said standing by the office door as I walked out.

I replaced her and continued buffing the glasses. It was quiet and we were awaiting the lunchtime rush in about an hour or so. I tried to think of the dresses I had. None of them was party dresses let alone black. And why did Adrian pick me to cater for the party? Ana was better suited for it. I glanced up just in time to catch Ana leaving the office.

"So, we are busy this weekend aren't we?" Ana chirped.

"Yeah, I guess," I said sighing.

"Are you having one of those 'I cannot do this moments' right now?" She asked calmly standing by my side. She was always ready for certain adventures; I was the one who usually held us back. Well, most of the time anyway.

"We both know I cannot survive one second at a party alone," I stressed.

"Well, you won't be alone, Adrian will be with you."

"And how is that supposed to reassure me?" I turned to face her getting angry. "And I do not have a freaking black dress for the party."

"Donna, calm the fuck down," Ana said grabbing me by the shoulders. "You are just catering, not actually participating in the actual party. As for the black dress, we will go through our closet, if nothing turns up, we buy one."

"Good thing I have some ideas in mind," I said cheering up.

"Well, there you go!"

"I wish you'd be there though," I added.

"Well girl, we both need to learn to be apart. Even for just a night." She said chuckling lightly.

"Donna, Ana, here are the addresses for the weekend," Adrian said emerging from the office and handing us sticky notes. "Come dressed and at least 30 minutes early. I am leaving earlier today at around 3 pm, just in case you need anything before then." And with that, he slipped back into the office and shut the door.

"Is it just me or was he only looking at you the whole time he addressed the both of us?" Ana said smiling weirdly.

"Ana, stop it. He can actually hear us."

"So, you're not denying it?" She said smiling broadly and nudging me with her elbow.

"Of course, I am!" I said flushing a bit.

Was he really looking just at me?

SocializingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara