Chapter 41. Full moon

Keep calm Donna, this is not the place to lose your shit. You should quit. On second thought, no. Stay and make him pay for what he has done.

"Don't do it," he said.

"What?" I replied turning to face him.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing," he said sitting on the grass beside me.

"It really doesn't matter at this point anyway," I sighed. "I want to go home."

"Yeah," he said. "You and me both."

"What did you mean by the way?" I asked.

"Well, I am glad you have seen that Adrian is actually kind of a prick," he said glancing at me then at the reflection of the full moon on the still waters.

"I'm sorry but I just don't get it."

"Well, he fixated on you for a while because Nina was away, and Adrian loves attention. Linette always gave him so much love it messed him up when she died. Nina, she entertains him so much and it's no wonder he's drawn to her. I doubt he actually loves her."

"So, what was I to him?" I asked finally choking up. You're such a fool, Donna.

"I have no idea. I'm sorry I pushed you towards him. It's all my fault."

"If you knew he's the way he is, why encourage our relationship or whatever it was we had?" I asked getting upset.

"I felt you were right for him. You made him different. He was more positive and was finally moving away from his Nina thing until she showed up again." Derek said.

"I'm calling an Uber," I said getting up. "I cannot handle this."

"Donna, wait!" He said getting up. "There are no Ubers here and it's nearly 1:00 am."

"Well, where the fuck am I supposed to sleep? Huh? My life already feels like shit and what's worse, you idiots brought two tents!" I yelled bursting into tears.

"Stay with me then!" He yelled back. "Please." He begged.