Chapter 21. What are best friends for?

"So, what's up with Suho?" I asked Ana. We were in the kitchen preparing dinner as Suho and Jared chatted away.

"What do you mean?" She replied.

"Don't do that!" I said.

"Fine. Fine. Don't get your braids all tangled up."

"So, what is it?" I pressed, placing the rice in the rice cooker.

"He wants me to move in with him." She said under her breath, yet I heard it and froze in place. Omg. It's already happening.

"What did you say?" I asked turning to face her in our U-shaped kitchen.

"Nothing," she started. "His phone rang, and he talked until we arrived at the fundraiser and on our way back, I fell asleep."

"What will you say, since the topic has already been brought up?"

"I-uh-I don't know." She said finally looking up at me.

"Well, you should say yes," I said knowing that Suho was the only guy Ana ever actually dated and committed herself to.

"But Donna, we live here together plus, the rent will be way too much for you to afford on your own."

"Well, I'll find a smaller place that may be closer to you and that's that."

"What if things don't work out between us? What if moving in together makes us hate each other like in all the movies we have seen?"

"Well, we are not in the movies and, if things start going sideways, you solve them. That's what people do."

"I just don't know."

"Do you love him, Ana?" I asked her for the first time.

"Yes. So much actually."

"Well, go with that. Love can conquer anything. Besides, you spend most of your days with him and that has been ok so far."

"Yeah, I guess so." She said smiling faintly. "What about you and Adrian?"

"What about me and Adrian?" I asked back.

"Donna, if nothing is going to happen, make the move."

"Yeah, that's what everyone's saying to me."

"But..."

"I feel that there is something that's holding him back and I need to know what."

"Ask him directly. Invite him to dinner or at the cafe tomorrow since you close late."

"Yeah, I guess I'll do that." And let's hope he's willing to talk about it.