Chapter 46. 21 and more

"So, how have your 2 weeks been?" Ana asked. I'd promised to tell her all about work after two weeks of being there since I didn't want to put so much hype into it.

"I work in the archiving department at Lauv's Library," I started. "Matt, the supervisor or I'm beginning to think the owner of the library, is 26 and seriously good looking. I think I've seen him somewhere before but not sure where."

I looked up from my plate of scrambled eggs and bacon and found Ana staring cheekily at me.

"What's that look?" I asked putting my fork down.

"Oh, it's nothing," She said and looked away. Weird.

"So, everyone is coming over to my place for your birthday this evening," I continued. "Wear the dress that's hanging in my closet and look really pretty. You're finally 21 today!"

"We're getting old," she signed then we burst into laughter. Indeed, we are.

Around 6 pm, everyone was chatting away the beautiful evening. Suji, Sung, and Odin seemed to be having quite a lot to say to each other and I guessed it was based on the origin of Odin's name. Suho was the last to come in and we all gathered around the dining table waiting for Ana.

"Come on out, birthday girl!" I called out to her.

When she walked out, I could tell everyone caught their breath. She was in an elegant midnight blue gown that flowed to the floor and covered her black heels. Her braids were off and she had a sliver hairpin on both sides of her afro.

"Wow," was all Suho said. I had gone all out in picking that dress.

"The cake always comes first before anything starts," I said bringing the strawberry cake to the table. It had all 21 single candles lit. Ana and I made a habit of blowing our candles out before anything to have the wishes out there in the open.

"Make a wish," I said. When she closed her eyes, Suho moved to the seat in front of her, I dimmed the lights, and everyone backed away as planned. I knew Ana would take her time making her 21st wish. She blew out the candles, opened her eyes and met Suho's.

"Ana, will you marry me?" Suho asked and moved to her side and got to one knee, opened the tiny black box that revealed the simplest yet elegant diamond engagement ring. Ana threw her arms around him and they fell to the floor.

"Is that a yes?" Suho asked struggling to steady them.

"Hell yes!" She said in tears. The ring fit perfectly on her finger and I turned the lights up.

"To 21 and more!!!!!" I said at the top of my lungs and we all cheered.