Chapter 19. Derek

"Have you made your move yet?" Derek asked Adrian. They are seated in his office and the cafe is buzzing with customers.

"No," Adrian replied.

"Seriously man? I swear if you don't, I will." Derek said as a matter of fact yet teasingly.

"Respect the bro code man," Adrian shot back.

"What bro code?" Derek challenged "In my book if your bro is being too chicken, take his place. I won't sit back and watch an amazing girl like her end up with someone else. Man-up Adrian."

"Derek, watch it," Adrian replied getting pissed. "I can still whip your ass."

"Oh, well, let's see you do it then," He said getting up from his seat. "Come on."

"I have no time for this," Adrian said sighing.

"Well, you better make the time," He said. "One of the customers is getting all touchy with your girl."

"What?" Adrian said standing from his office chair and rushing to the door.

"And what else would you like?" I said giggling.

"A blueberry muffin and a kiss, right here," he said pointing to his cheek.

I handed him his coffee and blueberry muffin and quickly pecked him on the cheek. He smiled and his hazel eyes glistened then his expression changed.

"I'm guessing that's him?" he whispered. I turned around to catch Adrian looking at us. He leaned in and returned the kiss on my cheek and went to take a seat.

"Who's that?" Adrian asked approaching me.

"Just a friendly customer," I replied turning away.

"So, we kiss customers now?" He asked tensely.

"No," I replied finally turning to face him "Not unless he's my baby brother."

"Oh," he replied flushing. I giggled and turned away.

Was he just jealous?