Chapter 48. Wedding Jitters

I watched her as she paced back and forth in my living room. She was in her tiny freaking-out bubble, and I needed to wait it out. The wedding was in three days and I could tell Ana was losing it.

"What if his brother does not like me?" Ana said finally breaking the silence.

"That will never be an issue," I said getting up and bringing her to the couch. "Everyone I know easily likes you and, Suho clearly loves you. I'm sure Tae Oppa already knows much about you."

"Do you think I'll make a good wife?" She asked tears brimming in her eyes.

"You and Suho are like best friends already. And when best friends fall in love, nothing can break that. Being a wife is no different. Remember to be there for each other." I said

"You're amazing Donna," Ana said hugging me. "Adrian has no idea what he's just walked away from."

"We've moved past that," I said laughing. "Looking forward to the new things in life."

"You still haven't figured it out, have you?" Ana asked drying her eyes with a Kleenex.

"Figured what out?" I asked.

"Matt," she said.

"What about Matt?" I pressed feeling completely lost.

"Donna, we met him at one of the La Kosa cocktails," she said. "He was the one who gave a speech about Art and Writing. He owns the Lauv library and spends his time archiving it's most cherished documents."

"What?" I said confused as fuck.

"He's the second-best man at the wedding," she added. "The mystery guy you're walking down the aisle with since Tae Oppa is standing beside Suho by the altar."

"You've got to be kidding me!" I said jumping to my feet. "No wonder he keeps looking at me weirdly as if he knows something I don't!"

"We all thought it better to let things play out on your terms," she said smiling her weird smile.

"Well, now I can't face him again," I said.

"What! You've got to be joking!" Ana said. "Didn't you say you feel very comfortable with him? You both have so much in common. Come on girl!"

"Why tell me after nearly three months of working there?" I asked.

"Because we never step over the line when it comes to either one of us building a relationship on their own and after Adrian, I wanted you to play on your own turf. I thought you'd remember him then again, it turned out for the best," She replied. "Didn't it?"

"Yeah," I replied smiling. "Thank you for letting me take my time but, next time-"

"No." She said cutting me short. "There'll be no next time."

And we both smiled.