Chapter 38. Odin

"So, are you going or not?" Odin asked me. We have been having dinner together often since I moved in and it adds up to nearly a month.

He's not creepy at all and is quite a good listener and adviser.

"I said yes to him," I replied serving us both some pasta, "Then again, we will be sharing one small tent and I am not ready for that."

"Why?" Odin asked as if he had no clue. I am pretty much an open book to him as he is to me after the time we have spent together. I know all about Amanda and Adrian. Or I think I do. "I mean, you have spent time together alone haven't you?"

"Yes, we have, Odin." I said impatiently, "But not an entire three days in the middle of nowhere, let alone sleeping in one small tent."

"Donna, calm down. Camping is meant to help you destress. Don't think about the small tent you keep referring to and let things be," he said smiling like he always does when he knows he's right. "Everything will fall into place."

"Why did Amanda and you really break up?" I asked shifting the attention.

"We just weren't meant to be," He said and looked away.

"Odin come on..." I coaxed.

"Well, if you really want to know, I ended it with her after I realized she was still in love with her roommate from College and I was simply there to fill the gap in her life."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"Don't be. I am glad we broke up because I do not deserve to simply be a piece you choose to do whatever you like with."

And then it hit me. Why is Adrian really holding back? I have talked openly about the only guy I liked back in College and he hasn't at all! Odin was right.