Chapter 12. Taking Chances

"So, where are we?" I said trying not to panic as he led me up the stairs.

"La Kosa. I work here," Suho said. "My friend owns the Art Gallery and I am kind of an art guide if that's even a word."

"Ah."

"Watch your step. I'm not allowed to be here, after closing hours so the lights have to stay off." He said in a kind of whisper.

Ana, what the fuck are you doing with a stranger you just met in the bar? Walking through a dark building as if everything is A-Okay. What if he tries to—?

"What do you think?" Suho asked leading us into a room.

"Think about wh—" My words got caught in my mouth as I looked around the room. Wow.

"It's the first constellation art project I have worked on."

"You're an artist?" I asked stupidly.

"Yeah," Suho said.

"It's amazing. Wonderful actually."

"That's kind of you to say," he said sighing. "I am showcasing it in two weeks, and I feel that it's incomplete."

"I-uh-," I started. "It looks pretty great from where I stand.

"Would you like to attend the opening on the 26th?" Was he asking me out?

"Yes, I'd love to."

"Great," he said. "May I have your phone?"

"Why?" I asked bringing my bag to my chest.

"Here, we can trade," he said handing me his. "For your number." Ah. Stop being Paranoid Ana.

"I guess I'll call it a night," I said taking my phone back.

"Ana, with one n," he said smiling down at my number. "Come on, I'll walk you out."

It was a bit chilly outside, but the apartment was a 15-minute walk from where we were, based on the street we were on. I thought about hailing a cab then remembered I'd used all my 20s in the club.

"Do you live close by?" Suho asked once he'd locked the door.

"Yeah, at least 15 minutes away."

"Do you mind company?" he asked pocketing and walking along with me.

"No. Absolutely not."