Chapter 7. Adrian

"We need to put some ice on that," he said and went behind the bar to grab some. 

My wrist was on fire and purple lines were appearing where the lunatic had his vice-like grip on me. He returned with some ice cubes in a dishcloth and placed them on my wrist with his other hand gently cradling them from the bottom. 

I wiped away a couple of stray tears and sniffled. He wrapped the cloth around my wrist and then took my backpack from the locker behind the bar and walked me outside to his car.

"Wait here for a few minutes, I need to do something," He said shutting the door and smiling briefly. His smile was a little bit forced and I could tell he was upset.

I reached for my phone and texted Ana that I would soon be on my way. The ice was helping but my wrist was still throbbing. I could barely put my hoodie on, so I pulled it over me and lay my head back. Adrian seemed to be taking his time. Moments later, he was on the driver's side and driving me home.

"How bad does it hurt?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"I can't say I've been through worse," I whispered back.

"I'm really sorry that happened," He replied calmly.

"It wasn't your doing," I said matter of fact.

"Well, I think otherwise."

"Thank you for being there," I said glancing at him tears stinging my eyes then closed them and fell asleep.

"Yeah, always."