Chapter 30. Nina

No one ever tells you that falling in love is a whole lot more than sunny skies, picnics and bubble baths. There are times when you'll argue and times when situations won't make much sense. And then, there's the past; one which we cannot change and simply need to let go of or be brave enough to face.

"Is Adrian in?" She asked.

"Yes, he is. Are you a client?" I asked.

"Do I look like a client?" She smirked. She had crimson hair, dressed in leather despite the hot sun outside and her make-up was a bit too much. She was the kind of girl I would get jealous of or simply never cross paths with and it had nothing to do with the way she dressed. It was the way she looked at me.

"I-uh-"

"Excuse me," she said passing by the counter and straight into the office before I could get another word out.

"Nina, what are you-" Adrian said shutting the door as he threw his arms around her.

"I think you should be worried," Ana said. She was done clearing the dishes and we were about to close the cafe.

"What? Why?" I asked looking away.

"Have you seen her?" Ana said. "She walked in here as if she owned the place and Adrian closed the door. He never closes the door when he has any sort of meetings."

"You need to stop giving me ideas," I said sighing.

"Well, I'm just saying."

"Is Suho on his way?" I asked changing the topic.

"He'll be here in ten," she replied packing her backpack. "I need to freshen up."

"It's movie night with Adrian right?" Ana said standing in front of the mirror beside the ladies.

"Something like that."

"Well, see you at home."

"Have fun and say hello to Suho," I said as she walked out.

I waited for an hour before I realized that I was wasting my time. I could hear their laughter and the joy in Adrian's voice. Who was this Nina and why did I not know anything about her? An uneasy feeling filled me, but I was too tired to bother. I packed up and left without saying a word.