Chapter 39. Camping

"Have everything?" Adrian asked as I put my bag in the car. Thursday evening and I was already having jitters. I hope the tent is spacious.

"Yeah," I said joining Derek in the back since Luke was riding shotgun. "Hey!" I said to him.

"I hope you carried sunscreen too," he said smiling and nearly burst into laughter when he saw the expression on my face. "I got you covered." He said shaking a large bottle of Spf-30.

Two hours in, I fell asleep and my head landed on Derek's shoulder who of course was an amazing pillow and a gentleman about my weird light snoring that we shall not talk about.

"Hey, we're here," he said in a whisper waking me up.

"Finally," I yawned.

"Dad and I will set up the tents," Adrian said avoiding eye contact and walked away with the tents under his arms. Is it just me or is he acting all weird?

"So, I guess that leaves us with campfire and kitchen duty," Derek said reaching for the crate with food.

"Can you even cook?" I asked curiously.

"Better than Adrian as a matter of fact," he replied smiling confidently.

"Oh, ok," I said looking away.

"He has cooked for you right?" Derek asked without thinking.

"Actually, no he hasn't."

"This will sound awkward but, how far has your relationship with Adrian gone?"

That was indeed an awkward question considering we have only kissed thrice, and we never spend time together. Well, we do but Nina seems to always be around, and I end up feeling like the third wheel. I can't even begin to imagine that we have been together for eight months!

"There's nothing much to say about it," I smiled weakly and carried our bags towards the pop-up tents by the lake.