Chapter 44. Self Love

"You know I would stay if the situation were different," I said walking out of Cafe Talk.

"Stop by sometime?" He said smiling weakly.

"Maybe," I said. "Take care of yourself, Luke."

"You too Donna."

I took the bus to Anna and Suho's while listening to The Greatest Showman's playlist. I felt broken yet whole in some way after I resigned from Cafe Talk. Of course, Mr. Douchebag in nice guy pants was not around and thank heavens for that! Anna had already left while we were out camping and was now working at La Kosa with Suho. She always did have an eye for art so, it was about time.

"Come here!" Ana said pulling me into an embrace when I stepped into the entryway. "You should have told me sooner so I would have stolen a couple of hundreds before I left the cafe!" She added pissed off.

"It wasn't worth it and we both know Luke's the one who really owns the place," I said. I swore never to say his name until my heartache and anger faded away. I know my ways of getting over heartache are not exactly practical, but we all need to recuperate somehow...

"So, what are your plans?" She asked as we sat on the couch facing each other.

"I have an interview for a job at the Public library in the afternoon, so I guess I'll start with that," I said smiling.

"Well, at least you'll be around what you love most!" She said smiling. "What about Derek?"

"What about him?" I asked back.

"You know what I mean Donna," She shot back.

"Well, nothing. I am not dragging myself into anything after what happened so, if he has any interest, he knows where to find me."

"If not?" Ana asked getting worried.

"I've been alone before and it does not bother me," I said. " It's about time I gave myself some self-love, don't you think?"