Chapter 47. Blast from the past

I had an out-of-body experience as I had coffee with Ana. I'd spent so much time in the library and nearly forgot how it felt to be out in the sun. Matt and I constantly worked late into the night archiving old journals, memoirs, and political recordings. It was so much fun since we made a habit of reading out some of them.

Ana and I were out dress shopping. The wedding was in three weeks and we'd crossed out quite a lot off the list. I did not know so much of the tiny details mainly because Suho and Ana had been planning it all together and she said it would be a surprise for me.

I bet it would be considering Suho's family was flying in from Seoul. By family I mean his older brother Tae-sung, but everybody calls him Tae Oppa.

We walked out of the cafe and the first person we literary ran into was Jake. Yeah, I had completely forgotten about him too.

"Ana, Donna," he said stepping back. "Wow, been ages since I last saw you."

"Yeah, we can say the same," Ana said smiling lightly.

"Still at Cafe Talk?" He asked.

"Oh, no. Been months since we last worked there," I replied happily.

"Well, that's too bad," he said and glanced at his watch.

"You look well Jake," Ana said.

"I feel well too," he replied. "Rehab helped a lot."

"We're glad it did," I said.

"Have a lovely day," we both said and walked our separate ways.

A few feet down the street, we passed by Cafe Talk. I had a hard time looking in but forced myself to. To my surprise, Nina and Adrian were seated right by the window. Ana stopped right in front of them and just stared. I stood behind her and noticed that he had the 'just smile to please her' smile on his face. I had seen that way too many times it was burned into my brain.

"They actually deserve each other," Ana smirked.

She smiled, took my arm and we continued down the street. For a moment, I was sure they had seen us, and I was glad if they did for I had a huge smile on my face too. The Karma is a bitch smile I reserve for people like them.