Chapter 8. Ana

"Does it still hurt?" Ana asked eyeing my left hand.

"No, but the bruise sure is a pain," I said glancing at the faint lines on my arm.

"Thank heavens Adrian was there," she said sighing.

"Yeah," I replied.

Two weeks down the line and the bruise was still visible, however faint. Adrian was seated in the office typing away and I could see the bruised knuckles he claimed to have gotten from his 'kickboxing' classes. Yeah right! Ana had told me that he'd dropped me off and returned to the party to close and get the last cheque. Whatever else followed, resulted in bloodied knuckles. I dared not ask further as I was too embarrassed to face him.

"You should talk to him."

"What? Why?" I asked looking away from him. I hadn't realized I was staring.

"Donna, you like him. Plain and simple and, considering his actions, he clearly likes you back." She whispered through her teeth.

"It's only because we have known him for nearly 2 years and work for him," I replied calmly.

"Are you seriously going to pull that card?"

"What card?"

"You know what! I gave Jake my number on a napkin and felt so cheesy about it since I am dead sure he did not notice and used it to wipe his fingers after eating his croissant!"

"Why would you assume that?" I asked.

"Because it has been a week and he has not called or texted or even walked in here! Or have you been too preoccupied staring at Adrian you barely noticed?"

"I-uh-"

"I thought so. Now, walk in there with this," she said handing me a latte, "And give it to Adrian and have a conversation with him or I swear on my Aunt Muriel that I will let the Yoga class upstairs know you like your boss' son."

"You wouldn't dare..." I replied slit-eyed at her.

"Try me." She said taking in a deep breath. "Donna has-"

"Ok, ok!" I whispered quickly cutting her off. "I swear if I regret this..."

"You won't."

Ana smiled and looked away as I knocked on the door. What does she know that I don't?

SocializingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara