Chapter 10. Jake

"So where are you going?"

"I have no idea," Ana replied from the bathroom. "He just texted me yesterday and asked if I wanted to go out with him."

"Hmm."

"Are you freaking out on my behalf?" She asked popping her head into the room. She was half-dressed and preparing to brush her teeth.

"Yeah, kind of. Well, is he picking you up?"

"Yeah, in 20 minutes actually."

"Let's hope it's not a fancy restaurant he has picked," I replied gesturing to her outfit-black fitting jeans and sneakers, and I was sure she would throw her hoodie on.

"Is it that bad?"

"Very bad actually."

"Well, don't just sit there, pick something out." She said shoving her toothbrush into her mouth and disappearing behind the wall.

I picked out a neat pair of black shorts, one of my white laced blouses with long sleeves and her beige loafers.

"What if he does not like the outfit?" She asked as we stood in front of our dressing mirror.

"Well, you are dressing up for yourself, and in any case, if he does not like the outfit then he is with you for all the wrong reasons."

"That was deep," She said chuckling.

Ding Dong!

My heart stopped for a split second before I ran to answer the door leaving Ana frozen in the middle of our bedroom.

"Hey Jake," I said smiling and letting him in. "Ana will be out shortly." I was glad to notice that he was dressed in sneakers, jeans, and a really fitting black t-shirt. "Would you like anything to drink before you leave?"

"No thank you," he said smiling.

"Hey Jake," Ana said walking into the room.

"Wow, you look really nice," he said turning a bit red. "I feel completely underdressed now."

"What! Don't be ridiculous," Ana replied. "You always look great."

"Always, huh," He said flashing her a smile.

"Ok, let's just go."

"Have fun!" I said as they got into Jake's car.

I closed the door and felt completely uneasy. I hoped Ana carried her pepper spray, just in case.