Chapter 25. Ana and Suho

My heart was pounding against my chest like the time in high school when I'd participated in the cross-country race. Donna and I had talked extensively about me moving in with Suho and were already on a house hunt near his place for her. However, Suho was not aware that I had made up my mind and this was causing me to freak out.

"What if he's changed his mind?" I asked Donna. I was by the door slipping on my sneakers.

"Well, I am still here for you," she replied calmly.

"Please don't do that," I shot back, my heartbeat picking up again. I was suddenly feeling faint.

"Ok! Goodness," She said defensively, "He's not changed his mind. He's simply been busy to come around to it."

"Yeah. Let's hope that's the case."

I was running late for one of the many Gallery openings and this time, I was helping Suji set up the cocktail tables and decor. My dress was hanging by the door and I'd packed my heels to go along with it. Suho had insisted on the elegance of the evening and I was hoping my navy-blue dinner dress would do.

"Hurry, you'll miss the bus!" Donna said handing me my dress.

The opening was spectacular. I'd never seen so many famous artists in one room. I could spot a couple of local talents and Monsieur Pierre, the Art Director of the National Art Gallery of Rhodes. I could not believe he showed up.

"So, how are we?" Suho said to me. He'd managed to slip away from the crowd, and we were 'hiding' in the hallway near Sung's office.

"The answer is yes," I replied jumping right to it.

"What?" he replied confused.

"I'll move in with you."

He broke into a smile that reached his eyes and made them glitter. He pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tight.

"I love you, Ana," He said quietly.

"I love you too," I replied effortlessly.

More than you can imagine.