PART 1

stale·mate(noun)a situation in which further action or progress by opposing or competing parties seems impossible

stale·mate
(noun)
a situation in which further action or progress by opposing or competing parties seems impossible.

Astren City and all surrounding area—nicknamed the Toplines—has the highest crime rate in the northern part of the country. Dozens of crime families constantly trying to take the throne, as well as corruption lurking around every corner, do not help in that fact at all.

Salem Heart's father, Jack Heart, happens to be the Astren City Chief of Police, a title which holds a lot of weight and a rank that claims even more power. He's well respected, and amazing at his job. That said, greatness is expected of Salem as well. Of course that isn't a problem, Salem will always be loyal to the law. He was raised by it, and upholding it is his future career aspiration. He thinks he has his life figured out.

The fact that his ex-boyfriend comes from a notorious crime family, and has been arrested several times by Salem's own father, doesn't matter. He's passed that, he's over Atlas Marino and he always will be. He will ignore that scratch in his record, and cover it up with his success.

Salem is offered a job to help with an investigation that could benefit his future career astronomically. He thinks it's a win-win situation, he gets the recognition he desires, and the streets will be that much safer. It's all black and white to him, easy to understand. He likes the order, and he craves the accomplishment of defeating bad with good.

It's all black and white.

Until he gets caught in the grey.

[] [] []

[¡¡WARNINGS!! uhhhmmmm the usual porn and swearing but there is also gonna be blood and violence and gore. there is a time skip (3 1/2 yrs) also slight spoiler but in case it matters the love interest is morally grey/corrupt]

[¡¡TRIGGER WARNINGS!! depictions/mentions of several serious topics, some in detail (sexual assault, mental illness, drugs, etc.) this will be primarily in part 2]