32: YOU WON'T

The first thing Salem registers when he wakes up, is a lot of pain. The second, is that he's in complete darkness.

Salem shifts around a bit, testing his mobility, and finds that his entire body is restrained. Much like the last time he was kidnapped, he can barely move. Damn, why does he always have to be restrained so well? They could at least give him some hope of escape.

His mouth isn't covered with tape this time, which is nice. Also, upon further experimentation, he finds that his legs aren't as immobilized as they were last time. Salem squints down at his situation, trying to gauge it visually instead of relying only on touch. Unfortunately, it is pitch black in here. It's also completely silent. Well, there is a faint sound of dripping water, but that's it.

Salem continues testing his restraints, finding that his arms are secure. They are not going anywhere. However, the restraints on his legs are giving. He can't help but to wonder why they didn't put as much effort into it as before. Possibly because last time he didn't even try to escape? That could be it. They might not have thought it worth the effort.

After a few minutes of Salem feeling confused, as well as the pain not getting better in the slightest, he decides to speak. "Hello?!"

Nothing. Salem is starting to freak out a bit, not particularly enjoying all the unknowns, here. He seriously can't see a single thing, which is somehow worse than any other outcomes he could've predicted. He doesn't know what to expect, and Salem really appreciates having a plan. He doesn't know what's going on!

A few minutes go by of Salem trying to figure out his situation, before he hears a door slam. It sounds ten times louder than it probably is, due to how dead silent it is, and Salem jumps. A second later and the lights are finally turning on. They flicker and spark a bit, giving Salem the sense that it's been a while since they've been used. That, or it just doesn't happen often.

It sends a shock through Salem's system, his eyes watering at the change in lighting. He blinks rapidly, vision spotty as he tries to get his eyes to adjust.

"Yeah, it looks like he's awake." Salem hears a distantly familiar voice. He can only make out vague shapes right now, but it appears as though the person is standing near some sort of entrance. Salem is also surrounded by round, cylindrical objects. They're quite large, and once he's actually somewhat able to see again, he finds that they are barrels.

All around him. There has to be at least fifty in this massive room, which looks like some sort of old building. Probably a warehouse of some sort, though it obviously hasn't been used in years. Possibly even decades.

It doesn't take long for Salem to recognize the other person in the room as Band. He's on the phone, looking at Salem.

"How long?" He asks whoever he's speaking with. Salem narrows his eyes, not sure what's going on but not liking it one bit. He glances down at his position, to find that he's tied to a chair, exactly as he thought. However, even he can tell that they did not put as much effort into keeping him restrained as they did the first time.

"Okay," Band continues, not particularly thrilled about whatever was just said to him. "Yes, Ma'am. I'll call you after."

Then, he's hanging up the phone, and making his way over to Salem. Salem is already glaring at him, not in the mood for all this bullshit. He feels like he just got ran over by a truck.

Actually... he may have,

Band grabs one of the barrels, and drags it across the concrete floor. It makes a loud screeching noise, due to the metal, and Salem winces. Eventually the guy has dragged it so it's only a few feet in front of where Salem is restrained in his chair. Then, Band takes a seat.