seven: we don't speak, and we yell

~•♡•~

i snapped back to reality, gasping for air.

either leo had shoved my hand away, or i did it to myself. either way, his hands were up to his chest in fear, and mine were lifeless by my side.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" he yelled at me.

"i-i don't-"

"y-your eyes went all white and glowy!" leo exclaimed. "and- and then you took me there... and then i saw..."

his tone died down as i forced myself to look away. we had both seen things; very personal things pertaining to the other's past. things that were never meant to be shown.

"let's make a deal." i huffed as i finally forced myself to look him in the eyes. "i don't talk about what i saw; you don't talk about what you saw. 'kay?"

leo nodded hesitantly.

"just..." i stared at him a moment before i began walking to shore.

"hurry up and clean your face. i need to dry off."

~•♡•~

leo makes an interesting bonfire.

it took a few trys, but eventually, he set himself ablaze and directed most of the heat at me, so i was dry almost as fast as when we crash landed at the lake.

ah, good times.

"so." i huffed as i forced my shoes on. "what's the plan for the quest?"

"don't die, free hera, come back."

leo was definitely bright, but not very eloquent.

i scoffed as i stood up. leo brandished his army jacket happily, though his face still had a few spots of soot and his hair was still oily. he still had a remaining smell of grease, tabasco oil, and sweat, but it was manageable. now, you could only smell it if you were about seven feet away rather than thirty.

"a man of many words, i see."

"ah, crap!" leo groaned. i raised an eyebrow.

"i need to go back to the bunker. i forgot my backpack!"

"just leave it!" i ordered as he hopped on top of festus.

"no! it has a bunch of supplies!" he called back to me. he was about to go, when he suddenly stopped.

"well? get on!"

i ran over to my cloak, ready to put it back on. i lifted and shook out the dirt, but a clattering sound followed.

the crescent crown had returned.

i knew i had thrown it into a bush. i'm sure of it. and i never picked it back up.

why was it here?

"hurry up!"

i had a feeling i needed it. when things keep coming back, usually they have some significance.