eight: dreams

~•♡•~

"shut up, me."

i focused my attention back on leo, who had randomly uttered those words. i turned to piper, who was just as confused as i was, before i turned back to leo.

"what?" piper asked.

"nothing. long night. i think i'm hallucinating. it's cool."

it was not very cool. leo was our designated dragon-driver, and if he was hallucinating, i felt about as safe as i did crossing the interstate alone.

our silence conveyed that all.

"just joking." leo decided upon our reactions. he was not joking, but i let that slide. i would have to make him sleep sometime later.

"so, what's the plan? you said something about catching wind, or breaking wind, or something?" leo asked.

as we flew over new england, jason began laying out a plan. find a wind god names boreas and grill him for information ("boreas? is he the god of boring?" leo chimed in). second, find the venti from the grand canyon ("can we just call them storm spirits? venti makes them sound like evil espresso drinks." also a helpful remark per leo), and finally, we have to figure out who the storm spirits work for so we could find hera and free her.

"so, you want to look for dylan, a nasty storm dude, on purpose." leo questioned.

"i agree." i said. "he threw leo off the skywalk, sucked coach hedge into the clouds, and was the reason i was free falling through the grand canyon."

"yeah, basically." jason said as though the events listed were normal. "well... there may be a wolf involved too. but i think she's friendly. she probably won't eat us, unless we show weakness."

i gulped. i'm not a fan of carnivores bigger/stronger than a medium-sized dog. and no, festus does not count. tabasco oil is vegetarian, and he is a machine.

jason told us of his dream about the big wolf lady, and a burned out house with stone spires in the swimming pool (that does not sound like a very fun summer home).

"uh-huh." leo nodded. "but you don't know where this place is."

"nope." jason nodded.

"there's also giants." piper chimed in to ease the mood. "the prophecy said the giants' revenge."

"hold on. giants? more than one? why can't it just be one giant?" leo pouted.

"i remember some greek stories." i admitted. "an army of giants..." i gulped. "the siblings of the titans."

nobody mentioned my ancestry, thankfully.

"great." leo muttered. "of course, with our luck, it's an army. know anything else about these giants?"

i shook my head, and turned to piper. "you did some research on that movie with your dad. know anything?"

"your dad's an actor?" jason quipped.

leo chuckled. "i keep forgetting about your amnesia. heh."