ninety-one: moon girl and death boy; LIVE IN NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

ARUNA

~•♡•~

"I'm not strong enough."

Clarisse slapped Aruna, knocking her right back to the ground. From the sidelines, Piper gasped, one hand over her mouth and another wrapped around an ice cream cone.

"What the fuck?!" Aruna grunted as she stood back up.

"We don't say that here."

"What, 'fuck'?"

"Don't be fucking ridiculous. The other one."

"Uh..." Aruna remembered what she had said and she frowned. "Why? It's the truth. I'm not strong en-"

She was slapped again, but on the other cheek. She locked her jaw and hung her head, giving Clarisse a side-eye.

"You are. You're always strong enough. Sometimes, it's just harder than usual," Clarisse grunted as she studied her spear. "So, you get stronger. You train, you work out, you tire out every single muscle in your body. You break it down so it rebuilds into something stronger."

Aruna curled her lip. "Have you seen me, Clarisse? Alright? i'm nothing! I'm skin and bone and my big mouth isn't going to get me anywhere!"

"A big mouth can get you miles." Clarisse shot back. "It can get you miles in either direction, including a good one. You taunt, you break the enemy down, you demean them. Now, pick up your sword, strike again."

Aruna scoffed as she looked at the bent blade. "Are you fucking serious?"

"I am as serious as Britney Spears attacking the paparazzi with an umbrella. Pick up the goddamn sword and try to kill me!"

aruna looked away. "i-i can't."

A new voice called, "DAMMIT, RUNA, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!"

Clarisse had her hand raised, but she froze to look at Piper. Piper had one hand on her hip, and she other on her ice cream cone. She was standing up now, her face contorted in anger.

"WHERE IS YOUR RAGE?! WHERE IS YOUR DRIVE?! YOUR PASSION?!" she shrieked.

"Piper? What-"

"AH! AH! AH! PICK IT UP AND FIGHT!"

Aruna found herself picking the sword back up. Clarisse grinned as Aruna struck the side of her spear. Aruna's eyes were full of energy again, full of pride.

~•♡•~

With a scream, Aruna shot up the pillar, the weight lifting right off her legs. Lamia shrieked as she was launched back, her body slapping into the wall as Aruna stood up.

With a wave of her hand, the pillar launched onto Lamia. The monster screeched, shattering the stone like it was nothing, but when she looked around, Aruna had bolted.

"NO! NO, NO, NO!"

"Catch me if you can!"