seventy-seven: piper's scheming doesn't go very well

PIPER

~•♡•~

the first chance she had, piper yanked aruna and hazel into a broom closet.

"ow!" aruna groaned. hazel yelped as she was thrown into the older girl, and piper slammed the door to the broom closet. she reached for the piece of yarn overhead, yanked it, and a faint light turned on.

"what the fuck is going on between you and leo?!" piper hissed as aruna gently guided hazel off of her. however, the broom closet was literally for brooms, so it just bumped hazel's arm into piper's.

"sorry, sorry." hazel muttered.

"i don't know what you're talking about." aruna retorted. hazel shifted and bumped aruna's rib.

"sorry, kinda tight." she muttered.

"don't bullshit me, runa!" piper snapped. as hazel continued moving around. "all the-the flirting and stuff!"

hazel stepped on piper's foot. "sorry, again."

"flirting?" aruna replied innocently. "what flirting? pipes, you know i suck at flirting."

"you suck at the conventional way." piper grinned as she pointed a finger at aruna's face. realizing her mistake, she yanked her hand back as aruna tried to bite it.

hazel bumped into a dust buster. "sorry, sorry." she whispered to it as she set it right. piper wondered why leo even had a dust buster.

"but i see you two." piper hissed. "just now you were cuddling in the damn mess hall!"

"he was trying to steal my chips. i don't see romance in that."

"HE HELD YOU AND YOU WERE HOLDING HIM!"

"were we?"

hazel bumped her own elbow. "ow, ow, sorry."

"hazel!" piper snapped. hazel squeaked as she jumped straight. "you've seen it too, right?!"

"seen what?" hazel said hopelessly. "i wasn't allowed in the theater when i was a kid..."

piper frowned. "what? no! no, not a movie! you've seen aruna and leo being romantic and weird together, right?"

hazel gasped and nodded eagerly as she turned to aruna. "yeah! yeah, i- why were you in his room the other night?!" she asked excitedly, like it was a scandal she had to know more about.

"he invited me to look at some blueprints." aruna said calmly before turning to piper. "he does that all the time, y'know. anyway, we were looking at some blueprints and accidentally passed out, and then coach came in and started being all weird."

piper squinted. something told her aruna was lying her ass off, but at the same time, aruna was selling it so well. she nodded slowly, still contemplating, when the door opened.

"what are we whispering about?" frank whispered. hazel waved him in, then grabbed his hand and pulled him inside the closet by force.