nineteen: aphrodite makes me an 1800s sailor

~•♡•~

mellie squeaked. "but-but, sir! zeus said to help them. aphrodite, hephaestus-"

"mellie!" aeolus snapped. "your job is already on the line. besides, there are some orders that transcend even the gods, especially when it comes to the forces of nature."

"whose orders?" jason asked. "zeus will fire you if you don't help us."

"what about you promotion?!" i asked as i grabbed piper as well.

"i doubt i'll lose this." with a flick of his wrist, i heard the cell open, and bloodthirsty storm spirits were on the loose. "even zeus understands the order of things. and if she is waking- by all the gods- she cannot be denied. goodbye, heroes. i'm terribly sorry, but i'll have to make this quick. i'm back on the air in four minutes."

jason summoned his sword. hedge pulled out his club, and mellie yelled, "no!"

she dived at our feet just as the storm spirits broke through with hurricane force, blasting the floor to bits. mellie's robes spread and absorbed the brunt of the impact, but a shredded piece of plywood managed to knock into my skull. i cried out as the six of us plunged into the pit.

"MELLIE, YOU ARE SO FIRED!"

"quick!" mellie yelled. "son of zeus, do you have any power over the air?"

"a little!"

"then help me, or you're all dead!"

it was hard to hear anyone over the whistling of her wind, and the face that hedge was screaming in my ear. i held piper and leo's arms as if they were going to fall off.

"group hug!" jason cried.

i knew i was deprived of just about everything when i began giggling as leo wrapped both arms around me. i felt another hand on my head- mellie, perhaps?- and another on my calve, which was clearly jason.

all this touch made me quite uncomfortable, and my laughing died down instantly.

"get off!" i yelled as i began thrashing.

"THIS IS NOT GOOD!" leo yelled. "aru, you have to calm down!"

i began giggling again.

"bring it on, gas bags!" hedge yelled. "i'll pulverize you!"

i made a noise like, "ehegehegegeh" as i snuggled into leo's arms.

"he's magnificent." mellie sighed.

"EHEHEHGEHGEG!"

"uh, guys?!" leo cried out as i pressed my cheek to his. "i think space girl got a concussion!"

"piper?" i groaned uncomfortably. "where- did you pass that test?"

"HUH?!"

"ch-chemistry? er, no- biology?"

then, i blacked out.

~•♡•~

i dreamed i was back in bunker 9. leo was sitting next to me, a bit further from me than usual. (wow. had we really grown that close in two days?)