twenty-nine: selene cabin and tears

LEO

~•♡•~

leo still felt bad after the conversation with jason and piper. he'd heard a few snippets of aruna yelling, but he didn't really know what it was about, nor did he care. aruna was always yelling at a camper, regardless of anything. if they were over the age of eleven, she was willing to start an arguement.

he stood outside the recently-built cabin; number 21, selene. it was just behind cabin 13, which was for hades. as far as leo knew, the only guy that lived there was usually gone. aruna mentioned that they would wave or give a head-nod in greeting, but rarely actually talked.

why was that important? leo shook his head and focused on the task at hand.

the selene cabin was constructed as a simple rectangle, and was built as a greek temple made of white marble. six pillars lined the front, and 11 on either side. each held one torch on the outside, and one on the inside, but the fire was a blue-white color. they went all around, forming a sort of wrap-around pattio throughout the build. a mural was right above the pillars in the front- a chariot pulled by two bulls, and a woman holding a torch as a cloak billowed around her.

the walls were tall, though the building was only one story tall. there were only a few windows about six feet off the ground, so leo couldn't see into them. they were fitted to line up with the gaps in the pillars.

in the front, where one window was, a black rocking chair sat, with a small black table next to it. leo read 'baking for dummies' on the cover of a book that sat on it, which made him snort.

identical to it, under the other window, was a telescope. aruna had recently picked up her father's practices of astronomy and astrology.

finally, between the two was the door. it was indented by about three feet. the door was painted a gentle lilac color, with a silver knocker and handle. a black welcome mat read 'PISS OFF' in all caps.

leo shuddered, but not because of the welcome mat.

he'd just never been to the cabin before.

he made sure to wait until curfew. everyone was probably asleep by now, as nobody had any lights on. a few harpies flew around and cleaned, also checking for demigods.

and failing, obviously.

leo took a deep breath, and knocked thrice with the silver knocker.

he waited patiently. he knew aruna was awake, because she only slept every two or three days, and never this early. it was only ever at four a.m or four p.m.

faintly, he heard a song playing. he recognized the voice- fleetwood mac? aruna liked them a lot.

the door swung open rather aggressively, snapping leo out of his thoughts with a jump. aruna looked angry at first, her shoulders squared and eyes dark. leo waved awkwardly and he watched in confusion as aruna seemed to ease her breathing. her eyes softened, and her body untensed as she looked at leo.

"huh?" she grunted.

leo snorted as he tried to steady his heart. "how kind of you."

"well, you've never come here before?"

leo shrugged. "i thought i'd break tradition."