seventeen: long lost sisters and a wolf man

~•♡•~

leo handed me his hammer, making his movements slow. his eyes were fierce, ready to fight if need be, but i could still feel some of his fear. he slipped a vial of clear liquid out of his toolbelt.

lycaon stared at jason's sword. he moves to each side as he looked for an opening, but jason's sword and my new hammer moved with him.

"leave." jason ordered. "there's no food for you here."

"unless you want tofu burgers." leo offered.

"shut up." i hissed.

"you should listen to your titaness girlfriend." lycaon smiled evilly. "i should hope i don't have to kill you two- she's in no shape to fight, and i doubt you ever were."

he turned back to jason. "if i had my way, i'd kill you first, son of jupiter. your father made me what i am. i was the powerful mortal king of arcadia, with fifty fine sons, zeus slew them all with his lightning bolts."

"ha! for good reason!" coach barked (can a goat bark?)

"coach," i asked. "you know this clown?"

"i do." piper jutted in. "lycaon invited zeus to dinner. but the king wasn't sure it was really zeus. so to test his powers, lycaon tried to feed him human flesh. zeus got outraged-"

"and killed my sons!" lycaon howled. his wolves howled as well.

"so zeus turned him into a wolf." piper said. "they call... they call werewolves lycanthropes, named after him, the first werewolf."

"the king of the wolves." hedge finished. "am immortal, smelly, vicious mutt."

lycaon growled. "i will year you apart, faun!"

"oh, you want some goat, buddy? 'cause i'll give you goat."

"stop it." jason said. "lycaon, you said you wanted to kill me first, but...?"

"sadly, child of rome, you are spoken for. since this one," he gestured his claws at piper. "has failed to kill you, you are to be delivered to the wolf house. one of my compatriots has asked for the honor of killing you herself."

"who?" i prodded.

the wolf snickered. "oh, a great admirer of the son of jupiter. apparently," he turned to jason. "you made quite an impression on her. she will take care of you soon enough, and really i cannot complain. spilling your blood at the wolf house should mark my new territory quite well. lupa will think twice about challenging my pack."

medea.

piper struggled to her feet. "you're going to leave now, before we destroy you."

no use. piper was too weak to be able to charmspeak. lycaon's red eyes crinkled, his amusement evident.

"a brave try, girl. i admire that. perhaps i'll make your end quick. only the son of jupiter is needed alive. the rest of you, i'm afraid, are dinner."

jason stepped forward. "you're not killing anyone, wolf man."

i stepped forward, my body finally beginning to work again. "not without going through us."