eighty-eight: if it's a house of death, is it not a funeral home?

LEO

~•♡•~

Aruna crashed into Leo. He grunted as he was knocked flat onto his back, with Aruna on top of him. Her smile was manic and her eyes were wide, her hand on either side of Leo's head. He felt his heart racing as Aruna panted.

"Leo, you are not gonna fucking believe this."

"Being pinned is kind of hot, but maybe not when I'm trying to land our ship?"

"Oops. I forgot you were doing that."

Aruna stood and yanked Leo up quickly. His head rushed and he stumbled a bit as Aruna caught him again, her eyes eager as she bounced a little bit, clearly excited. Leo was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that Aruna had pulled him up the way Frank could pick up cannonballs- like they were nothing. He quickly manned the helm and steered the ship carefully as Aruna appeared by his side, cupping her hand over his ear.

"Remember coach's cloud nymph girlfriend, Mellie?"

Leo nodded.

"She's pregnant."

Leo nearly crashed the ship. He swerved, making several of his comrades take a tumble. Leo heard Aruna snickering as everyone rolled around like marbles dropped from the pouch. Leo managed to right his path just before he drove the ship into a cliff face.

"LEO!" Jason howled.

"Sorry man! She bited my dick!"

"NO!" Piper shrieked.

Aruna snickered as Leo turned to her, his eyes wide with shock. Aruna bit her lip and bounced nervously and Leo just shook his head.

"Like... like it's his?"

"Mm-hmm!"

"And..." Leo almost gagged, but then grinned and nodded. "Damn, coach. I didn't know he had it in him."

"Technically, he had it in her."

"Okay, I'm never getting that image out of my head." Leo shook his head violently, as if trying to shake the image free from his mind.

He glanced at Aruna. She was walking around aimlessly, looking out at the bleak scenery. Everything seemed so dead and cold, yet so hot and lively. Leo faced forward, and saw the ruins of the House of Hades.

He felt sick suddenly. He didn't want to go in. Not at all. He didn't want Aruna to go in, either. He couldn't have things go wrong, he couldn't have failure, or gods know what else. He couldn't have Aruna getting thrown into more danger.

But he also knew he couldn't talk her out of it. Aruna felt like it was her fault that Percy and Annabeth had fallen into Tartarus. Quite literally, they'd slipped right out of her grasp. It would only make sense that she felt the most obligated to march straight to the Doors of Death and bring her friends back.

"Hey, moon child?"

"Yes, wrench spawn?"

Leo huffed in amusement. It dissipated however, as he began parking the ship midair. Aruna froze suddenly, then marched towards Leo, her eyebrows knit in concern.