fifty: a bold, risky game

LEO

~•♡•~

after raiding a museum full of confederate ghosts, that did not listen to frank, where they did not find anything useful, leo had been forced to run through all of charleston with the literal confederation behind him.

then- oh boy!- he got to hitch a ride with frank with friendly eagle so they could fight a bunch of romans who were all ridiculously eager to murder leo in particular.

but wait! there was more! coach hedge shot frank out of the sky, making frank drop him (which was not an accident in the slightest), and they crashed into fort sumter.

but wait! there was even more! leo, instead of being a heroic individual and wooing aruna, managed to get cornered, then saved by aruna, then clunked in the head, then dragged by aruna onto his own ship which jason and percy were not treating with very much respect. now, as said ship raced across the waves, leo had to use all his power to keep the ship in one piece (jason and percy were definitely a little too good at cooking up those massive storms).

at one point, annabeth stood next to him, yelling against the roar of the wind: "percy says he talked to a nereid in charleston harbor!"

"good for him!" leo yelled back.

"he says the nereid told him we should seek help from chiron's brothers."

"what does that mean? the party ponies?!" leo had never seen the party ponies, but he'd heard crazy stories about nerf gun wars, root beer-chugging contests, and super soakers filled with pressurized whipped cream.

"not sure." annabeth admitted. "but i've got coordinates. can you input longitude and latitude in this thing?"

"i can input star charts and order you a smoothie, if you want. of course i can input longitude and latitude!"

annabeth rattled off the numbers, and leo somehow managed to input them with one hand on the wheel. a red dot popped up on the bronze display screen.

"it's in the middle of the atlantic." he said. "do the party ponies have a yacht?"

annabeth shrugged helplessly. "just hold the ship together until we get farther from charleston. jason and percy will keep up the winds!"

"happy fun times!"

as annabeth began to walk away, leo turned to her.

"wait!"

she looked at him, exhausted but waiting for him to continue.

"where's aru? is she okay?"

annabeth frowned, looked around, and shrugged. "she mentioned going to puke about ten minutes ago, but i haven't seen her."

at that, leo frowned.

annabeth noticed and seemed to soften. "hey, i'm sure she's okay. just, keep the ship going. i'll go find her. she had an encounter with melpomene and aphrodite, so she's probably a little shaken up."

"aphrodite?" leo asked. "when the fuck did you-"

"when the fuck we?" annabeth asked, suddenly angry. "when the fuck you, leo! she snuck into your room last night?!"