seventy-three: happyhpybdayfromourchiliscrewwewishitwasourbdaysowecouldparty2HEY

LEO

~•♡•~

leo was glad he did not go into venice with frank, hazel, and nico. the end result was that they needed to eat barley cakes before they drank from the poison chalice in the house of hades, nico was grumpy due to being turned into a plant, and frank was suddenly taller and instead of being soft-big with a baby face, he seriously looked like he could stomp every dallas cowboy to ever play.

at dinner, it was quiet, calm, like nothing much had really happened.

"so, we're back on route for epirus?" jason questioned as he ate spaghetti.

"yeah." leo said. "pretty soon, we'll be in open water."

hazel looked sick. "water? we're done with the air?"

leo looked at her. "oh yeah. you get seasick."

"it's better this way." aruna said. "the ship needs to spend some time out of aerial-form, so leo can do some repairs on that stuff. besides, flying over open water is dangerous in the case of a malfunction."

leo stared at aruna. "damn, okay. since when do you know things?"

aruna shrugged and happily shoveled a bite of elote into her mouth. "that's basic sense, i feel."

leo snorted as he prodded his steak with a fork. "next thing i know, you'll be doing math."

"now you're asking for too much." aruna grinned. she ate another bite of elote, spreading a yellow mixture of sour cream, cheese, and mayo all over her lips.

"i'm bored." piper said suddenly as she tossed her spoon down.

"same." jason remarked, his mouth stretching open wider than leo had ever seen as he shoveled practically the entire bowl of spaghetti into his mouth. frank stared, absolutely horrified at the sight.

"then, what do we do?" hazel asked curiously.

"what did kids in your time do for fun?" aruna asked.

"boys got jobs... we got married... we prayed..."

aruna just stared sadly. "holy shit. how depressing."

"i had a job, once." frank suddenly said. "at an animal shelter."

"cute." aruna said blankly. "how did that go?"

"fine, really." frank admitted. "but, i ended up quitting because my boss was... a not-so-nice word."

"cunt." aruna offered.

"dickhead." leo grinned.

"shitface?" piper tilted her head.

"asshat." jason said, his voice muffled through the spaghetti he was still trying to chew.

frank snorted and shrugged. "you... you can say that."

"did anybody else have a job?" leo asked as he took a bite of aruna's food.

"i commanded a roman legion." jason shrugged.