seventy-five: turtle go chompy-chomp-chomp and piper go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LEO

~•♡•~

"ew, what the fuck?"

aruna fished a piece of kelp out of the back of her pants. piper cringed and leo watched in amazement as the three-foot piece plopped onto the floor, splattering water on leo.

"how did that go unnoticed?" piper asked in amazement.

"baggy pants, shitty mood." aruna offered. she did a few jumping jacks, which made a bunch of sloshing noises. leo snickered as aruna went still again.

"i need to shower..." she grumbled. "but i don't wanna be naked again when important things happen."

leo bit his tongue and turned away at the memory of chrysaor and his dolphin crew completely humiliating aruna.

"we'll be okay if you shower." frank said. "piper, nico, and i are more than capable."

"not me!" nico called down.

leo frowned at frank. "um, hello?"

frank looked at him. "oh, sorry. were you not going to join her?"

aruna and leo's faces went red as piper cackled loudly. she gave frank a high five, which made him blush slightly and give a sheepish smile. up in the mast, nico just shook his head and continued gazing out at sea.

"wow. now you choose to have a sense of humor." leo grunted as he crossed his arms. aruna only shook her head and looked up the face of the cliff.

"i dunno. i think i'll stay out here..." she sounded like she was almost desperate for a shower. leo hadn't wanted to say anything, but she literally smelled like rotting kelp now.

"just go." piper insisted. "leo, how about you guide he-" she cut herself off with her own inhuman giggling.

"ha-ha, very funny, piper."

aruna shook her head. "fine. i'll just be quick. give me five minutes or so."

aruna disappeared below deck, with the receding sound of soggy sneakers. a door finally slammed shut, and the silence overtook the remaining crew.

leo, piper, and frank all sat on their bottoms, all bored out of their minds. piper had taken to braiding and unbraiding her hair. frank was tracing his bow with his finger. nico was hidden up in the mast, doing literally nothing. leo was laying on his back, staring at his now-soaked foot, and wondering why aruna had to be such a bitch literally all the time (re: leo is literally in love with her and wants her to be a bitch to him literally all the time).

"so, what's going on with you two?"

leo snapped out of his thoughts. he sat up slightly, using his elbows to prop himself up as he looked at piper, who's eyes were swirling with curiosity. frank perked up too, suddenly interested in the conversation.

nico showed no interest.

"what?"

"well," piper snorted. "you guys were screaming at each other, and cuddling like, two seconds later."