eighty-four: leo has a heart-to-heart with his mother-in-godliness

LEO

~•♡•~

leo stood aruna upright. she ripped the glass out of her abdomen with a painful groan, but she bit her lip to hide it. it was only about three inches long, and leo could only pray it missed her vital organs. he took a thrown-out shirt, and tied it around aruna's waist to stop the bleeding.

she chose him.

"listen, can you teleport us?" leo asked as he looked to the flaming awnings. aruna nodded as she wiped blood from her forehead.

"once." she nodded. lamia shrieked and leo saw aruna's eyes close in pain.

"okay," leo whispered. he grabbed aruna's hand, holding her tightly. "do not let me go."

he started climbing up a fire escape. aruna followed, her face contorting in pain as she pushed herself on. leo pressed himself to the fire escape as a stone fell, narrowly missing his head.

"as soon as you see the moon, you go," leo said. gaea's face disappeared, and lamia shrieked with rage. leo knew it wouldn't be long before she got around to a non-flaming part, and climbed up the building to get them. "okay?"

aruna nodded. leo looked at the flaming awning, and moved it aside. the entire thing snapped in half and fell to the floor. embers cascaded up, landing on leo's skin, causing no harm. he applied his ability to aruna, so the embers fell on her without any pain.

he heard claws raking the building. lamia was here.

"aruna, c'mon!" he screamed. aruna shot her head above the building right as lamia got to the top. lamia lunged, but leo felt himself dissipating into a million particles before he formed back into reality on the beach.

he stumbled, feeling nauseous from the feeling. aruna suddenly looked revived, her face angry. she grabbed leo and started dragging him across the different boats, hopping from place to place.

"she's coming!" aruna announced. leo ran with her, side by side, leaping from boat to boat. he managed to keep up with her despite feeling like he was going to puke his brains out.

"where is it?!" aruna screamed as a massive boulder was thrown. leo screamed as it whizzed over his head, and crashed into another boat.

"left! g-go left!"

they did. lamia was gaining on them, somehow already out of the middle of the city. she was also leaping from boat to boat, across entire boats, her claws raking them and even splitting some apart.

"there!" leo pointed dead ahead to a simple white boat with a clunky last-minute speed engine/archimedes sphere plastered to the back. the sail was viciously electric blue, which he didn't really care for, but he knew that this boat was going to be the fastest.

"come back here!" lamia screeched again and leo felt one of his eardrums blast, like a horrible thundering sound. his balance was knocked off course and he tumbled onto the boat, his head ringing.

"LEO, POWER!"

leo struggled over to the engine. he turned on the normal one, feeling the hum of it, but as soon as his speed engine kicked on, they were off.